↘︎ chapter nine

Start from the beginning

Love you more than words could say.

Love,
James

What was that letter? It was probably from James - Marley's father, but why did her mother left him without even saying a goodbye? While she was reading it, she realized how much her father loved Brielle and how he was after she ran away. Marley wished she could know more about her mother's past. She wanted to know about her family. The letter was really short but if her mother had received the letter, does that mean she didn't reply? Or she did. But maybe James had never received it.

"Marley!" the girl heard Noen Black shouting from the corridor. She startled and jumped on her place, quickly bringing back the letter from where she took it, paying attention to save everything in the way she found it. She didn't want troubles with her mother. "Marley! I'm ready. Marley?"

"I'm here," the girl replied on high voice, already leaving Brielle Macmillan's room. She was going to understand more about her father and his past. And she didn't care for the price.

        ***

"Be careful and don't forget to have fun!" screamed Noelle Black, waving with her hand while both Marley and Noen were getting on Hogwarts Express. Noen's mother was the one to say goodbye with the children on platform 9¾. Marley wished her mother was with her, but she knew it was dangerous and the girl was suspicious about the letter and everything that was happening with Marley's complicated family. She just wanted answers. She didn't want too much.

The two children were already on the train with their suitcases. Marley was hoping to see Fred and George somewhere here, but now their first job was to find a compartment. This year Marley wasn't alone. Noen was the new and Marley would teach and tell him everything she knew about Hogwarts. The place was amazing and full with a lot of fun.

Marley noticed a free compartment. This time they got on the train earlier than before and there were more free compartments. Older teenagers were getting on the Express and taking compartments before anyone else could. Marley heard the whistle of the train when she was taking out her favourite sketchbook. In the summer she had started a new drawing - of her favourite ginger twins. It was hard and slow work, because it wasn't easy to draw people.

Noen sat beside her on the seat and the girl started drawing lines on her paper. The train started moving and going away from the station. Exctied and sad parents were saying bye to their children, waving with hands, holding also tissues.

"Marls, who are you drawing?" asked curiously Noen Black and carefully leaned over to see her drawing. The girl switched her gaze from the graphic drawing to Noen's gray eyes. The girl started first drawing George Weasley, the taller twin and she had only to finish the lines of his face, neck, hair and shoulders. Fred was next - he will be a little shorter than George, but a little bit.

"No one," the girl quickly replied, her cheeks went red like the Weasley's red hair. She felt embarassed caught by her best friend that she was drawing two boys in her sketchbook, because she had never drawn someone who wasn't from the family.

Noen Black just raised his dark eyebrows unbelievably but just shrugged his shoulders. He could do nothing and Marley would never tell him the reason she was drawing the red-haired twins, maybe because there was no reason. In August, she was bored and realized how much she missed their company so decided to draw a portrait of them and look at it when they weren't around her. She started drawing George, because his warm hug in the beginning of the summer break sealed in her memory.

The girl looked through the door of the compartment and saw two familiar figures passing by. Her heart skipped a beat, when she realized that were Fred and George Weasley. She couldn't step off their iconic read hairs. The girl closed her sketchbook and left it on the seat, leaving the compartment quickly and totally ignoring Noen who called her two or three times.

She left and saw Fred (now she was sure it was him) to look for free compartments. They were carrying their suitcases with them and Marley called them, excitement in her voice. George was the first one to turn around and smirked seeing her. Marley approached the two twins, pulling them in a hug separately. She really missed them and her eyes filled with tears from happiness seeing them again.

"I missed you so much," she whispered, her arms around Fred's neck. She felt how he grinned even though she couldn't see his face. "Both of you."

"Your summer wasn't as fun as it would be with your favourite charming guides, right?" joked Fred and winked when Marley went to hug him.

"Of course it wasn't." she joined in their jokes, smiling. "I don't know if I was talking to you about the son of my godmother. He's in first year now and when I saw you I left him alone in the compartment. If you don't have plans to sit with Angelina and Lee, you could join us."

"We wouldn't miss another person related to our favourite brownie." said George with a sweet devilish smile and they followed the girl in the compartment. "And if we have to be honest, we have no idea where are Lina and Lee. We were just looking for a free compartment. The chance of finding them here is low."

Marley nodded in sign on agreement and slid the door of her compartment, finding Noen peacefully looking outside the window. He wasn't paying attention on the three children who had just entered the compartment. When he finally noticed other presence, he smiled faintly to Marley, then his gaze fell to the red-haired boys behind her. They were just grinning toward Noen. But the boy only decided to embarass Marley.

"Is that the boy you're drawing?" he asked and pointed with finger one of the two twins, but it was most likely to be George. Marley's cheeks flared and she lost the ability to talk. She was usually very nice but when they were face in face alone, she'll choke him and then throw his dead body in the Black Lake so the legendary Giant Squid will eat him for breakfast.

"Were you looking at my sketchbook while I wasn't here?" Marley went to her seat and grabbed it with power, still very embarassed. Fred and George placed their suitcases and sat opposite them, George just smiling.

"Mar, I didn't know you were such a big fan of me." he joked and iconic grin touching his lips. Fred was red and he was giggling, but Noen was confused.

"Oh, shut the fuck up, Weasley." Marley rolled her eyes and sat angrily on her seat, snuggling the skethcbook closer to her chest as a guard. She was sure her face was redder than their hair and she didn't like it.

"Mar?" repeated Noen like echo. He was confused but he was smiling weakly. Marley just pressed her knees to her chest, getting depressed. Maybe the idea of getting to know Noen with the ginger twins was a bad idea after all. The three boys burst into laughter a moment later and Marley just looked at the window and sighed.

She had worse problems to worry about.