Chapter 16

Harriet's mind was going crazy and she didn't know what to do. She tried pulling away from him but his grip was so strong she couldn't wrestle herself free. She had tried to avoid Sebastian as much as possible. Even though his locker was only three down from hers, she would rarely ever look over at him and tried to draw the least amount of attention.

Sebastian pulled her all the way to her locker and stopped in front of hers. "What?" she asked, anger rising inside of her.

"I'll tell you while you put your books away," he replied.

So Harriet opened her locker and started putting her math books away. She was looking for her Socials book when he started speaking.

"I'm sorry for what I did ok? I know it was wrong of me and I never meant or wanted to hurt you. I still love you, you know. Every day I wake up wishing you'd talk to me. Wishing you were with me. I'm sorry for everything that I've done to you. I know you must hate me so much, but can you ever forgive me? Is there even the slightest possibility that we could get back together? Please tell me!"

Speechless, Harriet went back to looking for her book and thought about what he had just said to her. Yes, she was still angry with him, but she was working on forgiving him. Finally, she decided to tell him the truth.

"First off, I don't hate you. I don't particularly like you, but I don't hate you. Second, I'm working on forgiving you. It will take some time, but I know eventually, I'll have forgiven you. For my third and final point, no. There is no chance we could ever get back together. You hurt me and I don't ever want to feel that pain again. It was too much. So I'll say it again. No. Now please leave me be. I need to get to class."

Harriet grabbed her books, put them in her bag along with her binders and closed her locker. Without looking back to see his reaction she left for class.