Exes and Ohs

Mimi POV

A thud sound hit my door and my heart started pounding. August surely had to be gone and traffic through the outside halls is seldom.

I peek through the peephole and see a familiar outline, a body. Their fist was in the air about to hit someone on the ground. I open the door hurriedly. I had to push it with a hard force for it to open.

"AHHH! Fuck!" It was August! He grabbed his head in pain from the door hitting him. 

"August what are you doing?"

He looked like he wanted to explain but was in too much pain to speak. With that I turned to the figure above him, about to hit August before I opened the door.

"Marquis?"

He stood there stupidly, "Megan who tf is this!? You seein' somebody else?!"

My eyes grew wide, "What are you doing here!?! And how do you know where I live? And why would you do this to him?"

I screamed at him. A true monster. I then knelt down and held August's head in my lap and examined his damage. It's nothing bad, a cut to the lip, a small bruising under his eye, and probably a killer headache.

"GET AWAY from me!" I screamed to Marquis. He just stood there with fake hurt in his eyes, and anger. That same anger I left because I got tired of seeing it. And here I am. Thinking I've finally escaped, and there he stood, proving I hadn't.

"GO AWAY before I call the police!"

"This ain't over Megan. You just wait."

I didn't even watch him walk away, I just stayed there with August. Still laying on the ground in pain. "Oh my goodness, August are you okay?"

"AHH," he groaned, "fuck no! That nigga snaked me!"

I began to cry softly, "I know, I'm so sorry. Let me help you."

I lifted his head slowly off my lap and then picked up the weight of his shoulder. "I'm gonna count to three, and when I get to three, get up slowly" he nodded softly "okay...1...2...3"

With a pain face, he slowly rose to his feet. August stumbles a little so I hold a tighter grip on him, around his skinny waist. We walk back into my apartment and I lead him to my bedroom.

"Just lay back, here," I placed two fluffy pillows behind his head to hold it up.

I run to the bathroom to get alcohol, a bandage and some asprin.

Why did it have to come down to this?