What He Knows Hurts Him

Mimi POV

Day two and I wasn't sure. August was out again. Working. Working for tomorrow's trip, of there even is one.

August hasn't talked to me since last night when he didn't tell me what really happened to his head. Then out of no where he suddenly jumped of the bed in deep thought.

All of me wanted to know what that thought was because it looked like he'd just figured something out. And I was dying to know what it was. In the mean time.

I was left alone again. August won't be home for a long while and after all I'm not really pregnant.

August POV
No proof. No proof. I kept telling myself. Repeatedly. There's no evidence that Marquis was the one that night.

But all the puzzles seemt to fit. I just didn't want them to.

"Aye Marquis, let me holla atchu."

Mimi POV

I was passed out on the bed when I heard some loud keys bang on dresser.

"Wake yo ass- Mi- what the fuck are you doing!"

I had bed head laying across the bed with an empty glass in my hand. The next thing I know August smacked the glass out of hand. It crashed into  to the wall with a loud breaking.

"August I can explain," I quickly gain composure and sit up.

"Explain to me why the hell you drinking and you carrying my child Megan!?"

I'm lost for words and not one single one can come out.

"Yeah that's what I thought. I can't believe you."

He grab his keys off the dresser and suddenly words find me. But probably not the best words.

"And where are you going now? To the block. The corner. The trap. Wherever. To sell drugs? "

He continue down the stairs ignoring me. And just before he's about to open the door,  I just say it.

"I'm not pregnant. I never was."

August POV

I stopped in my tracks and just stared at the door in front of me. Trying to understand what was just said.
"I'm not pregnant. I never was."

Turning around slowly, I look at her. With full blown hatred. Hatred. Hatred. I hated her.

"What did you just say?"I ask for confirmation. 

Her face go from evil to soft. To sorry. Her mouth start moving but the words can't come out it seems.

"What. The fuck. Did you just say?"

"August...you don't understand. I was scared and didn't know what to say or do or..."

I put my index finger to my head to indicate that I was confused as fuck.

"Scared of what how do you lie about a pregnancy."

Mimi was about to say something stupid. Real stupid. I know that stupid ass face. Her eyes look away, then down, then at me, then closed for half a second, then...

"I mean can you blame me? I just wanted some attention. I'm always here alone."

The last (almost) year of my life I replay the events. Me there for Her. Me asking if she wanted me to slow down. Me buying her whatever she wanted. Me answering when she called. ME!