The Confuse Stork

Levi pulled a strand of raven hair on his head and prick his finger with a needle, letting a single blood drop on the bottle. After reading the instructions again and making sure things are complete and ready, Levi packed the bottle of his blood and hair in a small box before giving it to the girl waiting out of his house.

The girl sat patiently on the bench, her wings folded behind her back. When she saw Levi, she stood up with a smile. "Done?"

"Yes," Levi replied, smiling with excitement.

It was not too long ago Levi felt so empty and lonely with his life. Like any ice mage, Levi prefers peace and solitude but years stretched, he can feel the heaviness on his ice-cold heart. He tried dating but nothing worked out as he hoped to and pets are off the list with his stupid allergies. He was about to give up and call in hibernation for a century when a certain flyer made it's way to his mailbox.

"Do you wanted to have a baby of your own? Write us a letter and we'll send you your very own baby via Stork Express!"

And Levi did. Oddly, he is very excited to have his very own kid. Babies born through magic is common, Levi, himself is born through magic. His uncle- more like- father, Kenny Ackerman did so. Though he seems to understand why Kenny prefers him to call him uncle than father.

"Fathers are strict and too formal! While uncles are cool and laid back!" The man explained.

Kenny did his part though on raising him, but as he said so himself, he will be cool and laid back but more leaning to laid back. Levi didn't depend on the man growing up, he learned to take care of himself but he didn't plant any grudge growing up but he knew his uncle could do better.

And that is what Levi will prove once he had his baby on his arms.

Unlike what the flyers said, getting his baby wasn't that easy.

Krista, one of the angels that were assigned to him had to check on his house, make sure he bought what all the baby needs and taught Levi all about rearing a baby until adulthood. Also, the baby is born with magic with the care taker's DNA, the child will learn any sort of magic faster than normal children and they don't get sick that often, which Levi loved. He doesn't want to deal with a sick kid since he is not sure if his heart can handle it.

It was a very long process and it almost made Levi gave up at the idea of having his baby until Krista shared the most heartwarming stories she in-stored about having a baby.

Now that he passed the house inspection and all the lessons, Levi is more than ready than to have his baby.

Krista took the box from and gave him a sweet smile. "Alright, expect your baby in your doorstep around the third night."

"Right. And thank you." Levi is vibrating with excitement, he can feel the heat radiating on his fingertips which happens very rarely. Levi is not one of the people person type. He lived in his cozy house in the mountains of Winter Peak, away from the festivities of towns and cities. Most of his neighbors' houses are a good distance away and most were ice mages as well.

Levi retreated to his new cozy home. Looking around, Levi is happy with what his house is turning out. The new arrangement and decor must-have lighten up his mood. The fireplace is lit for the first time as well as the full rack of firewood, a crib sat near it with a rocking chair nearby. Before he decided to make all furniture in ice where he can freely crave the ice into beautiful sculptures but Krista explained that his baby will not acquire magic even with Levi's ice-cold blood. The baby will remain like a normal human baby until toddler hits.

That's another thing that made the process even longer. Levi has to control his powers. He must hold the infant in normal temperature, Krista even allows if he can only control the temperature of his hands but Levi wanted to hold his baby close to him, thus, he trained so hard to get his whole body to ease at a normal temperature.