25 - Babies

Will's POV

"I can't push anymore!" I shouted, breathing heavily and collapsing onto the pillow behind me.

"Yes, yes you can come on." Sweet Pea replied, gripping my hand.

"Come on, one more push." The nurse said. I pushed again, digging my nails into Sweet Pea's hand.

I heard a baby cry and I exhaled. A couple of nurses took the baby away to get cleaned up.

"You did it baby." Sweet Pea said. "You just have to do it once more."

"I forgot I had to do it again." I moaned. 

"The next baby will be here soon." the nurse said. "So, don't relax too much."

I felt a rush and before I knew it, I was pushing again.

"Come on, one last push, baby." Sweet Pea said.

"I already did that." I moaned. I pushed hard, and then the second baby started crying. 

After a few minutes, I was handed both babies.

"Congratulations, you have one of each." the nurse said, and then us four were left alone.

"Oh my god." I said feeling the tears run down my cheeks. "They're so tiny."

 "Are we going to stick with Noah and Cassie?" Sweet Pea asked. I nodded.

"Perfect." I said, "Hold one." Sweet Pea took Cassie from my arms, and held her in his. I saw tears forming in his eyes.

"They're beautiful, like you." Sweet Pea said to me. 

"Are you crying?" I laughed.

"Shut up," he replied. "I just have something in my eye."

"Yeah, must be a water pistol."

***

After about half an hour, I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"Can we come in?" a voice asked.

"Yeah," Sweet Pea shouted back. Toni, Fangs and Cheryl came in, and came over to where we were sitting on the bed with the twins.

"They are adorable." Cheryl said. "Do they have names?"

"Yes, they do." I said. "This is Cassie Antoinette Mitchell." I saw Toni's eyes tear up.

"And this is Noah Fangs Mitchell." Sweet Pea continued. 

"Oh my god." Fangs and Toni said in unison. I gave Cassie to Toni, and Sweet Pea gave Noah to Fangs.

"Why did you name them after us?" Fangs asked.

"Well, they wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you two." I said.

"I love your guys friendship." Cheryl commented. "But, why Mitchell?"

"Sweet Pea's last name, he doesn't really tell anyone what his real name is." I told her.

"What is it?" Cheryl asked us.

"Yeah, too many people know." Sweet Pea answered. And we laughed at him.

***

will_wild