24 - They're Coming

Will's POV

"So, this is how it ends? Not with a whimper, but a memo from Weatherbee." Jughead said.

"Riverdale High is now suddenly overcrowded." Toni said. "So, starting next week, all former Southside High students will be bussed to Seaside High, which is two hours away." 

"Meaning, he blames us for trashing the school during Riot Night." Sweet Pea commented.

"Well, to be fair, Sweet Pea... you guys did." Jughead responded.

"What's our play, Jones? Do we have one?" I asked sighing.

"I don't know anymore guys." Jughead answered, "We can't keep fighting for a gang that doesn't exist."

"Well, what about us? Or any of the other Serpents at the Wyrm?" Toni asked.

"What Serpents at the Wyrm?" Jughead asked confused.

After school, we took Jughead to the Wyrm to show him how all the Serpents were living thanks to the Ghoulies.

"I don't understand." Jughead said simply.

"You saw what the Ghoulies did to most of Sunnyside." I said. 

"A lot of Serpents couldn't afford to leave Riverdale. So, we came here." Sweet Pea added.

"Does my dad know about this?" Jughead asked.

"I don't know. You should go talk to him." I answered, and with that Jughead left the bar, leaving us alone.

"Is Fangs doing okay?" Toni asked us after Jughead's departure.

"He was last time I saw him, he's getting better." I answered, and I felt Sweet Pea's arm snake around my waist and pull me closer to him.

"Fancy a game of pool?" he asked me.

"Only if you're ready to lose again." I stated and we walked over to the table.

"Bring it on Wildie!" Sweet Pea handed me a cue and we started playing. Me winning might I add.

***

"I'm just, sooooo amazing a pool!" I teased Sweet Pea after winning the game.

"I let you win." he stated and crossed his arms.

"Yeah right," I answered. 

Suddenly, Jughead, Archie and Cheryl burst into the Wyrm, ranting about some raid.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, leaving Sweet Pea's side and going over to the trio.

"We're being raided." Jughead said simply.

"Take only what you absolutely need, and what you can carry with you." Jughead addressed all the Serpents. "We need to move quickly and quietly. Sheriff Minetta's forces are all over the Southside, and they're looking for our blood. If we want our skulls to remain uncracked, we have to go undetected." 

"Go where? There's nowhere safe." Sweet Pea asked.

"We've been offered asylum on the Northside." Jughead answered.

We all got up and gathered stuff up. Sweet Pea and I helped Toni with her stuff, as our trailer was fine, but hers was burnt to a crisp. Sweet Pea grabbed one of her bags and slung it over his shoulder, and then he made me carry Toni's lightest bag.

We stormed quickly out the Wyrm, but stopping behind dumpsters to make sure we wouldn't get caught.

Whenever we saw them pass a road we were on, we'd run into an alley to get out the way.