Chapter 22 - I can see the way you look at each other

Start from the beginning

My other aunt Clara then walked to us and when she saw how we're laying there she smiled.

"Hey don't steal my child."she joked and I opened my eyes and gave her a crooked smile.

"Come Mia.Food's ready."Clara said and Mia got out of Sky's arms and crawled over to her mom.

Sky scooted closer to me and put her head on my chest.

"So..how do you like your birthday so far?"Sky asked and I shrugged.

"It's good.Mostly because of you.But good."I replied and she chuckled.

I look down at our hands and brushed my thumb over her promise ring.

"Looks like you really like my present."she said and I smiled.

"I love it."I told her and she smiled up at me.

"Um..I thought about asking dad If we two could stay here for Monday too.."I started and she tilted her head.

"Okay?"She replied a little confused.

"I..I want to visit my old school.You know..walking through the hallway and just see how my old classmates are doing and some of my teachers."I said and she smirked at me.

"You want to see their faces when they see you,right?"she asked and I smiled at her.

"Maybe.."I replied and she giggled.

"Well if he says yes I'm going to love staying with you here."she said and I smiled at her.

"Well you have to know..it's a girls school and um..let's just say everyone in my class thought that I'm gay and.."I started but she interrupted me.

"So you want to hide our relationship?"she asked and then sat up.

I quickly wrapped my arms around her and dragged her back down again."What?No.I want to show everyone your mine.It's just..they can be very judgemental and I don't want them to hate you."I told her and she relaxed in my arms.

"I just don't want them to don't like you because they don't like me.."I told her and shooked her head.

"I don't care what they think of me.I only care what you think."she said and I smiled at her.

"You know..I kinda wanna show of with my hot girlfriend."I whispered in her ear and she giggled.

"Well..then let's ask dad."she said and stood up.

I stood up too and walked to dad who's in the kitchen with mom."Dad can I ask you something?"I asked and he nodded.

"Well..um..I wanted to ask if Sky and I could stay here also on Monday and maybe Tuesday and we would fly on Tuesday evening?I just want to show Sky where I grew up and my old school."I told him and he smiled.

"Of course you can and I think it's a really sweet idea.But..you have to ask your mother if you can stay here."he said and I turned to my mom to ask her but she already nodded.

"Of course you can stay here."she said and I gave her a small smile.

"Thank you.."I mumbled and she smiled.

"So..she's your girlfriend?"mom asked while turning to Skylar.

"I..uh..what?"I stuttered and my mom put her hands on her hips.

"Noelle I'm not blind.I can see the way you look at each other."she said and I blushed.

"Well..we're going back to the couch before it's getting more embarrassing."I said and grabbed Skylar hand and dragged her with me.

Behind me I could hear all three of them laughing.

I flopped down on the couch on my back and Sky laid down on top of me.I wrapped my arms around her and Sky buried her head in the crock of my neck.

"Aren't you afraid your family is going to see us like that?"she mumbled in my neck and I shook my head.

"Nah..not anymore.If they don't accept me then it's their loss.Not mine."I replied and she lifted her head and smiled at me.

I leaned up and kissed her lips.Then she pulled away and then laid back down.

"What are you two doing?"I opened one of my eyes and saw my grandma looking at us with a smile.

"I'm just being Sky's pillow..as always."I replied and Sky giggled.

"Hey!Sometimes I'm your pillow too."she said in my neck and I chuckled.

"Yeah..sometimes."I replied and she bite my neck.

"Did you just bite me?"I asked and she lifted her head and shrugged.

I laughed and she buried her head back in the crock of my neck.

"You two are silly."my grandma said before walking away.