Chapter 34| "I'm Human"

Start from the beginning

Everybody grouped themselves up and chose a station, some were chopping up or washing vegetables, while some started cooking. It was like one big...sort of dysfunctional family.

You and Bakugou were having a competition on who could chop the vegetables the fastest before getting a look from one of the heros for making a mess. With your guys' personality, you continued, but tried to keep the flying carrots at a minimum.

"Todoroki-! We need some fire over here!" Mina shouted to the boy.

"Bakugou, can you light up a fire with your quirk?" Sero came over and asked the blonde.

"Of course I can! Who the fuck do you think I am?"

"Eh?"

"Holy fuck, can you not scream for a second?" You groaned as you rolled your eyes at him. "I'm surprised that you haven't went deaf yet."

Bakugou scowled at you as you stick your tongue back at him. It was little things like this that made him an memorable individual, he was quiet the kid when he was younger as you had recalled.

You took a glance over to the other boy, Todoroki. He had a soft smile on as he pulled up his left sleeve to produce fire for his classmates Urakaka and Mina. His calm and collect demeanor made him the opposite of the blonde Headgehog.

It had been a little while since you joined the class and you can't quite believe that you made friends with "good" people other than the ones back in the States.

"Thanks for the food!"

"Yah! Stop stealing my curry you Hedgehog! Get your own!" You shouted with a frown as Bakugou took the plate you were holding with rice drizzled in curry.

"Ha! Shortie!" He teased, pointing a finger at you as he held the plate up into the air.

"I'm not that short! I'm 161 cm you fucker!"

The two of you bickered back and forth about whose average height and who's shorter than that number. You were tired after a few tries of jumping and was about to kick him in that area.

"Here," A smooth, deep voice interrupted the blonde's laughing, taking the plate from his hand and giving it back to you.

"What the hell, icyhot?!" Bakugou growled, scowling at him.

"It's Todoroki, if your two brain cells haven't figured it out yet," The boy calmly stated as you snickered.

"Why you-!"

"Come on, let's go eat. I'm starving because somebody took my food."

"Fuck off."

"You fuck off."

"Oh, where did Izu go?"

"Who cares about that damn nerd?!"

"I think he's with Kota," Todoroki answered.

And the bickering began right after you guys took a seat. People around you and Bakugou sweatdropped at the amount you two could argue...while eating.

And it was only day 2.

Somewhere not so far away—

"We're only sending up a warning flare this time. These damn heros, filled with holes and gaps, will be the fallen. It's all for the sake of a better future," The man with the patched up skin and striking turquoise orbs explained, looking down from the cliffs with his team.

"Too bad Kasai couldn't make it to this mission. And these masks aren't very cute or my style!" Toga pouted, putting on her big, custom made mask.

"He said he had some other things to take care of first," Dabi shrugged, walking closer to the edge.

"The masks, we had an underground designer to make these for us. Wether they looks good or not does not affect their function," one of the villains next to Toga replied.

"Well, this is me caring! These aren't cute!"

There was some back and forth bickering and arguing among the villains as Dabi stared down at the forest and at the distant light source. He interrupted a tall, muscular villain.

"You psychopaths, can you shut up? It's not the time yet, not until the ten of us are all together," Dabi looked over his shoulders.

"Sorry we're late-"

"Job....job.."

Dabi returned his attention back, "We can send in as much useless punks as we can or want but it'll be a waste. If we're going to do it, we're going to have the most experienced on the front lines."

"That's right! We're coming for you~!" Toga giggled.

"We'll meet again, doll face," Dabi thought, putting his hands into his pockets.

Your POV

I saw them again in my dreams.
The five of them and the six of us.

They didn't look quite the same, not exactly. I couldn't put my finger on it but they were indeed different. They all looked more mature and but still had their signature smiles.

I had dragged my blankets and everything to the corner instead of with the others. No offense, but Urakaka kicks ass, even in her sleep. Shifting to a sitting position, I saw everybody else dead asleep after a long day of training.

I grabbed my phone and wireless earbuds from under the pillow. Clicking and playing a playlist I specifically made when I had trouble sleeping.

With the soft melody filling my up head, I laid back down and closed my eyes.

Some part of me hoping I'll see their faces again.

While a part of me didn't, terrified what they'll think of me.

Do they hate me?
——