She checked herself in the hallway mirror before opening the front door. What waited at the door shocked her. She hadn't seen her for almost a year and definitely wasn't expecting to see her at 10 AM on a random Saturday. Olivia's mind froze thinking of Shayne upstairs. She wasn't prepared to deal with this. A cough broke the silence and she snapped herself out of her panicked silence.

"Damn Olivia it's good to see you too" Melanie said.

"Shit Melanie, sorry you just surprised me, I wasn't expecting to see you" Olivia said.

"Don't sound too excited, I am just your sister you barely get to see" Melanie replied sarcastically before making her way into Olivia's place.

Olivia took a moment to stare at the now empty doorway before taking a deep breath and following her sister into the kitchen.

"So what's up Melanie? Why the spontaneous visit?" She asked.

"Was in the area and thought we should catch up, I tried ringing you but there was no reply" Melanie said.

"Yeah? How about we catch up over breakfast at the cafe around the corner? They do great pancakes" Olivia said.

Olivia was subtly trying to get her sister out of the house to avoid contact with Shayne.

"Nah let's just stay here and chill" Melanie decided before starting to make coffee for the both of them.

Olivia sighed internally. She needed to find some way to get Shayne out without him interacting with her sister. It's not that she was ashamed of her, she just didn't want their first meeting to be this. She wants her relationship with Shayne to be long term and she would really love for her brother to like him. Despite not seeing each other in a longtime, Olivia has a strong relationship with her sister and his approval meant a lot. Shayne stumbling down the stairs half naked to her sister who is unaware of his relationship with Olivia wouldn't make for the best first impression.

"I'm just gonna go upstairs to get changed real quick, pots and pans are in that drawer if you want to start cooking breakfast" Olivia said and pointed to the drawer before quickly making her way upstairs.

"Hey what took so long, did you get rid of them?" Shayne questioned while looking up from his phone.

Olivia frantically picked up his clothes from the floor and shoved them to his chest.

"Shayne you have to get changed and out of here quick" She said.

"Woah Olivia slow down, what's wrong?" Shayne said grabbing her hands.

"My sister's here and we can't let him see you" She said.

"You're kicking me out? What am I a booty call?" Shayne asked sarcastically offended.

"I mean I have to meet your sister at some stage, why not tick it off now?" He said.

Olivia shot Shayne an unimpressed look.

"Shayne you are not meeting my sister for the first time half naked with bed hair, clearly indicating you slept in my bed" She said.

"Can I not just stay up here til she leaves?" Shayne asked.

Olivia couldn't believe this man. He would go the extra mile to help someone out and works out every morning to stay in shape but when it comes to leaving her bed he is suddenly the laziest person.

"There is no way you're staying up here silently, I give it ten minutes before you're down looking for food, now get up and get changed we've to get you out of here" She said.

Shayne chuckled, secretly enjoying her bossy side. He was pulling on his hoodie and about to finish with his shoes before Olivia stopped him.

"Wait to put your shoes on outside you're going to make too much noise with them" Olivia said.