"You look beautiful," the young protege finally managed to get control of his tongue after a few minutes, and he found himself smiling as well when Reese glanced to the side, her cheeks flushing a bit.

Regardless of whether they were together or not, Dick could still make the brunette turn as pink as a rose whenever he complimented her.

"Thanks," Reese said as she walked over to him, setting the small bag she had been carrying on a table near the door before perching herself on top of Dick's worktable, letting her legs dangle. "Is your head okay? I saw you hit it when I walked in,"

"Nah, I'm fine," he answered, waving a hand and pointing a thumb at himself. "It'll take more than a tool chest to take this Boy Wonder out of the game,"

"Right," Reese deadpanned, giving Dick a look that told the young hero she really didn't believe him. "It's the tool chest's fault. Not yours, for not opening the lid far enough that there wouldn't even be a chance for you to hit it,"

"Oh, pretty bird," the fourteen-year-old retorted, clutching at his chest. "You wound me," Then, because he was having a bit of fun, Dick let himself fall backward, sprawling on the floor of the cave in front of Reese, sticking his tongue out of the corner of his mouth. "I think I need mouth-to-mouth,"

Dick had shut his eyes when he fell on the ground, and though he knew that Reese knew that he wasn't really injured, he kept up the facade for a few moments more, eyes clenched shut before he heard Reese hop off the table she'd been sitting on and walk over to him.

First, Dick felt his girlfriend poke his cheek, and as hard as it was not to move when he felt Reese's hair brush against his nose (her hair smelled like cherry blossoms), the Boy Wonder kept still, and he even tried not to breathe too hard.

Finally, Reese spoke.

"Pity," she said after a few seconds, sitting back, and Dick cracked one eye open, though he snapped it shut again when Reese turned to look at him, her brown eyes sparkling as she tilted her head and grinned. "You were so cute too,"

Dick spluttered as he sat up, abandoning the charade to fix Reese with a look that said he was not impressed.

"How dare you?" he asked, though really, Dick wasn't angry at all. If anything, he was having trouble trying not to laugh and judging from the look on Reese's face, she knew it. "Rhysalin Queen, you've broken my heart,"

Dick flopped back down on the ground again, grinning, and he sat up slightly, using his elbows to brace himself as Reese let out a laugh.

"You, Dick Grayson," the brunette began, leaning forward until she and Dick were nose-to-nose. "Are a dork,"

"Yeah," he admitted simply, lip quirking slightly. "But, I'm your dork,"

"Indubitably," Reese retorted before she moved forward the last couple of inches and pressed her lips to his. 

The kiss only lasted a moment or two, but Dick felt the sense of bliss he'd been feeling up ten-fold, and he closed his eyes, cupping Reese's cheek in his hand. 

He loved her. He really, really did.

When the two of them finally leaned away, the Boy Wonder sat up fully again, crossing his legs as he sat next to his girlfriend.

"What are we gonna do?" Reese questioned him softly after a couple of seconds, and Dick glanced over at her, one eyebrow raised in a silent question before he spoke up.

"What do you mean?" he asked, though Dick had a feeling he knew what she was talking about. And he was proven right when Reese continued a moment later.