"Sure," she answered, and Dick's eyes widened a bit. Honestly, he hadn't thought she'd say yes.

"You really want me to?" he asked, and Reese gave a small nod.

"I think," she began softly. "If you had met them, they would have really liked you,"

"My parents would've liked you too," Dick whispered, a soft smile curling his lip, and Reese gave a half-smile in return.

"Okay," Reese said after a few minutes of silence. "Now, aside from the fact that both of our lives are thoroughly depressing, I want to show you something,"

Dick raised an eyebrow as Reese reached into the pocket of her thin denim jacket, pulling out two small objects. His confusion grew when he recognized the object as what looked like...golden arrowheads?

"What are these?" he asked, pointing at the arrowheads, and the space between Reese's eyebrows creased.

"Honestly?" she asked. "I'm not entirely sure. Kent Nelson, before he died, that is, gave them to me and said they were some sort of ancient magical communication...thing. He didn't really get to explain much before Abra Kadabra attacked us,"

"Abra Kadabra attacked you?" Dick echoed, but Reese only sent him a dry look.

"Yes," she answered simply, raising an eyebrow. "Boy Wonder, you knew this,"

"Oh, right," Dick answered, feeling his cheeks flush in embarrassment. "Sorry," he scooted over so he was closer to Reese, and gently tapped on one of the arrowheads. "So, how do they work?"

Reese used her other hand to hand one of the arrowheads to Dick, while she held onto the other one.

"Watch this," she said, looking a bit giddy, and Dick counted that as a welcome improvement from earlier when she'd been sad about her parents.

Then, Dick watched as Reese closed her palm around the arrowhead she was holding. After a moment, there was a subtle click, and Reese opened her palm again, revealing that the round base of the arrowhead's short shaft had popped open, revealing what looked like a rolled-up a piece of paper.

Reese slid it out and unfurled it. Dick narrowed his eyes when he noticed that the paper was blank.

As if she could sense that he was feeling confused, Reese only sent Dick a smile, before she held out a simple ballpoint pen.

"I've been practicing," she said simply. Practicing what exactly, Dick wasn't entirely sure, but, if Reese knew what she was doing, then that was something, he supposed.

He wasn't able to see what she wrote on the small piece of paper, but as soon as she was done, Reese rolled the paper up again and pushed it back into the arrowhead.

Not even ten seconds later, and the arrowhead that Dick himself was holding suddenly seemed to vibrate in his hand, and when the Boy Wonder glanced down at it, a bit confused, the bottom of his arrowhead had popped open, revealing a rolled-up piece of paper.

When he unfurled it, Dick found himself reading three simple words.

Cool, isn't it?

"Whoa," he breathed out in awe, and beside him, Reese gave an excited nod.

"I know, right?" she asked. "I know I said that Kent said that these were some sort of ancient magical communicating device, but this--this is beyond cool!"

"Can we try something?" Dick asked suddenly as an idea appeared in his head, and Reese nodded. "Where's the nearest Zeta tube to here?"

Reese thought for a moment before she shrugged. "Probably the one you used," the brunette girl admitted. "Three blocks south,"