Chapter Two

The second the trio appeared at the gate to Everglen, the boys sent death glares at each other. Sophie sighed, rapping her knuckles on the gate.

A few moments later, the gate slowly creaked open to reveal a very tired Biana. Through a yawn she said, "Hey guys. Come on in."

Sophie strode up beside her best friend as Biana yawned again. "Woah. What happened to you?"

She cracked a smile. "I've been remodeling my room so I haven't gotten much sleep."

Sophie laughed. "Sounds like a Biana type of thing."

"True. So what's up with them?" Biana hooked a thumb toward the pouty boys behind them.

Sophie's cheeks flamed as she muttered, "They were fighting over who knows me better."

"And?"

"In my opinion, Keefe knows me better."

Biana laughed, her curls bouncing up and down. "Don't let my brother hear you say that. He'll go crazy. Again."

Sophie smiled as Alden opened the massive front doors and they walked inside to find the Collective, Dex, Linh, Tam, and Wylie sitting on the massive couches.

"Ah, welcome, Miss Foster," Mr. Forkle said as Sophie and her friends sat in the open spots in the giant living room.

Sophie nodded at him. "So, what's so urgent that you had to personally hail me? And by the way, that was totally not creepy."

Juline laughed. "I told him not to do it."

"But it was faster and easier than the note Blur wanted to leave," Tiergan pointed out.

Blur looked like he was frowning. "Don't make me slap you."

Wylie laughed. "Tiergan would destroy you anyway so I recommend not doing anything."

Linh nodded in agreement.

"Anyways," Mr. Forkle interrupted before Tiergan and Blur could start fighting. "You probably want to know the reason we've called you here."

Fitz nodded. "Explain."

"Before we do," Tiergan said, stopping his glaring fest with Blur, "we know you'll be very, how do I say this, angry."

Fitz's hands balled into fists. "We'll see. Now tell us."

"As you know," Mr. Forkle started. "The Neverseen are causing chaos in the Lost Cities."

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Sure what else is new."

Mr Forkle turned to her and pretended not to notice the interruption as he continued, "We have managed to locate a few of the members throughout the world, and we need to bring them in."

"And why would I be mad about this? Its a lead," Fitz said, crossing his arms

"Well," Tiergan started. "Given Sophie's powerful abilities, and given that she works best with Mr. Sencen, we're sending them together to round up the members of the Neverseen."

"Yeeeah!! Keefe is coming with see!! Wait. No. FITZ is my boyfriend. Right?" Sophie thought.

Fitz tried to look calm, but the clenched fists and vein bulging in his forehead said it all.
"Fitz," Sophie said, coming up beside him and putting a hand on his arm. "Its just a mission. We'll be fine."