One

"Get up! Don't ever lay on the ground until you absolutely cannot get up anymore...and then you push yourself to get up anyways." J grabbed Omisha by the arm and slung her limp body up.

It was another one of their 4 hour long training sessions and she was absolutely beaten. Her body ached from the numerous punches he delivered and her knuckles were torn and bleeding from her own.

She struggled as she tried to keep her body upright but continued to get up nonetheless. It was like a fire had been lit up her spine as she finally righted herself and placed her guard up once more. J wasted no time in firing off punches, kicks, and grabs her way- Omisha expertly evading each one despite the protesting of her body.

J had taught her that pain was a mental barrier that only the weak folded to. There had been countless nights of fighting on broken bones because she didn't want to let him down. He'd been the only person to reaffirm that she was stronger than the boundaries others had set on her- whether it had been consciously or not- she took to the message.

Although he was hard on her, she knew deep down J held a love for her like his own. It was evident in the way her cared for her outside of their training and the simplest of their conversations. J was her only comfort and support.

"You are weak! Do you think these other men will take it easy on you? You think they'll stop because you're hurt or tired?" He ridiculed as he kicked her in the stomach- the force causing her body to collide with the table behind her.

Omisha reached back and grabbed the wad of paper sat on the table, her hands folding it to be a weapon. Baffled, J stared at the wad for a second and she took the opening to punch him as hard as she could- the hit knocking him unconscious for a second. As his body crumpled to the ground, she kicked him over and over only stopping as a shrill ringing echoed through the facility.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" She cried as she bent down to cradle his head. It was a rule that when the clock ticked they were to fight each other as if they were strangers and to only stop once the time was done. The thrill of the fight was intoxicating and one could easily lose control.

"J! I'm sorry. Fuck." She groaned as she watched him slowly regain consciousness. The large man fluttered his eyes before moving his hand to wipe at them.

"You did good, O. Grab me some scotch, will yah?"
...

"So what's this new assignment we got?" Omisha asked as she rolled up the sleeves of her sweatshirt before leaning over the familiar black, wooden table.

"It's a big one. Offering almost $30 million." She choked on the air entering her lungs at the figure. While they enjoyed the life of luxury with numerous million dollar hits, they'd never seen anything over $3 million.

"Shit, let's do it. What's the target?" Leaning further into the large table, she eyed the papers sprawled around his hands.

He passed the papers over to her, "Thorn."

A chill ran down her spine at the name. It would be a death wish to even attempt to find Thorn- let alone carry out a hit. Thorn was like a shadow in the dark- illusive yet always looming. It was rumored that he held some type of super natural ability with the sheer power and skill he possessed. If there was one person on this earth she feared, Thorn was it.

"Thorn?" The tone of her voice was low with fear evident. It seemed as if she were to speak any louder he'd appear. "I-I can't."

"Omisha. Have I ever lead you wrong?" J crossed his arms and stared at her in challenge.

"Well, no but-"

"Then that's it. We're doing it. Now read up on this intel and start your research- call me when you have something substantial."
———