Prologue

It was a dark morning in a ruined building, as a man sat in a leather chair, watching out of a boarded up window. The yells of protesters bellowed from outside. The smell of primed pepper spray hung loosely in the air. And a detonator was clenched in his hands. A set of speakers shrieked to life as a man in a suit came to the microphone.

"My fellow Americans," said the man. "I understand your anger towards the new laws but the safety of the world must come first. I implore you to understand and return to your homes..." The officers outside, guarding the stage from the protesters, armed their weapons, and prepared for the worst.

The man in the chair sat up, seeing the Reflecting Pool showing the protesters that stood close enough to it. The man smiled as he activated the detonator, letting it fall from his hand. A sudden geyser of water from the pool sprang up, causing people to yell and flee away in every direction. Officers opened fire, people threw Molotov Cocktails, and many screamed in fear and pain. The man in the chair smiled, sat back and watched.

The president of the United States, ordering an attack on a peaceful protest making it turn violent... There's no way to have him recover from that, thought the man. A shot rang out and a body fell the to ground. Blood splattered the floor and a heavy thud knocked the dust off of the wooden beams. The man got up from his chair, turning to face the dying body of someone in tight black clothing with a number of electronics on it.

"Well, well, well. Let's see here," said the man as he walked up to the body, and started to examine it. "A silenced pistol, no doubt as to what you were doing with that. Then there's the suit... Too high tech to be FBI so I'm going with CIA. As for everything else, that doesn't concern you." The man pulled off a small wire from the assassin, tapping the end of it.

"After all, your techniques have grown rather... Stagnant. But that's your code word for me," said the man as he stood up. He kicked the assassin in the chin, crunching his teeth together. Stagnant stepped back and watched the assassin's mouth fill with foam, his eyes rolling into the back of his head and his body going limp.

"Cyanide pills are Cold War at best, you know," said Stagnant into the wire. He left it behind as he walked away, hearing the war of screaming and sirens outside as he left.

As the protest ragged on many watched through their phone screens, their T.V.s, and heard on their radios what was happening. Many froze with fear, many cried and cowered away. On one message board, there was talks of what was happening.

Phantom.Lies.Net:

"I can't believe that this is real," said Cupid554, one of the active members on the board.

"This couldn't have started with a simple gas grenade, that had to be a mortar shell or something," said Huntress01.

"It's the Illuminati I tell you!" Exclaimed AlienRedHunter.

*User Patriot43 joined the chat*

"Hey new guy, you seen the news?" Asked Huntress01.

"I did... I know the truth," said Patriot43.

"I knew it! ALIENS!" Exclaimed AlienRedHunter.

"No, worse, nobody else can know about this. I need your help," said Patriot43 followed by the upload of an explosive device under water.

"I knew it," said Huntress01.

"Dude, you need to take that to the police," said Cupid554.

"What the fuck is going on?" Asked WhiteRabit.

"I'll explain in person. Police and government can't be trusted in this. Meet me here," said Patriot43, followed by a set of coordinates.

"Dude... I don't know..." said Cupid554.

"I'M GETTING MY ALIEN!" Exclaimed AlienRedHunter.

"Fuck, you're gonna get killed if you do that... Hold on, it's not too far from me," said Huntress01.

"Yeah, same here... I'll be there soon. Fucking idiot," said Cupid554.

"Oh, meet up? Sure, I'm in," said WhiteRabit.

They left their computers, and drove to the coordinates, not knowing what to expect.