2.

"hyunjin, my guy, my favorite person ever, the light of my li-"

"what do you want, minho?" hwang hyunjin asked, sparing his friend a quick glance then turning back to his essay he was diligently working on.

"sooo, jisung said he finally figured out a way to beat s and he really wants us to be there to see, you know how excited he gets about these things." hyunjin rolls his eyes almost out of instinct, but minho keeps talking, "and i know what you're going to say, hyung! you know he just needs someones money to use once he runs out, and you may be right! but can you imagine the smile on his fa-"

"dude, i'm not going to be a bank account for your stupid crush, alright? i have more important things to spend my money on." hyunjin closed his laptop and was now staring minho dead in the eye.

"hyunjin, please. just picture how happy he'd be, he's your friend too." minho pleaded, not wanting to accompany jisung alone as his heart would never recover.

"you said that last time, he doesn't know how to beat s, no one does. that dudes insane, and so is jisung. he's just going to waste all of your money again hyung." hyunjin never liked to consider himself the voice of reason in this friendship, as majority of the time minho was very good at knowing what was good for him and what was not.

"hyunjin please! i physically cannot go alone with him! last time i was alone with him he almost kissed me! do you really want to put your best friend through that again?" hyunjin scoffed as the words left minho's mouth.

"jeongin's my best friend, don't get it twisted, and fine. if you really want me to go then i will, you know i always will, hyung."

🍸

hyunjin didn't know what he expected, maybe a more secure entrance, maybe less people, maybe quieter music. sure, he's been to parties where the music was loud and it was crowded, but he'd never expect a high-class casino to be this loud.

according to minho, this wasn't the area that s hung out, that's in a separate room made specifically for card games. apparently the main room was just the bar and games.

he just hoped the room they were heading to was quieter because he could feel his head starting to explode.

"minho! hyunjin!" a loud call of their names had them both turning around, a giant smile overtook minho's face as a petit boy came towards them, a drink already in his hold as he stumbled into a hug with minho.

"hey jisung, how long have you been here?" hyunjin asked, looking at the marks along jisungs collar, visible only due to his highly exposing shirt.

"oh! not long, i had a few drinks and tested my luck on a few slot machines but of course i didn't win shit, those things are so rigged i swear to god!" jisung complained, slurring every now and then as a side effect of all the alcohol he drank.

"ah ok, what's the plan about s?" minho asked, pulling back from the hug to look jisung in the eyes.

"so, basically we play until he loses! with hyunjin here were sure to wear him out, yeah?" jisung says excitedly, talking a bit with his hands.

hyunjin scoffs as he looks away, no way in hell was he going to spend his money on jisung's stupid plan. he made a face at minho, almost as if he was saying fuck you to minho.

minho turns away from hyunjin and back to jisung, "sung, what? that's not a good plan, we can't just spend all of our money on this."

"yes but it couldn't possibly take that long before he's tired and messes up!"

"jisung, he's just going to take all our money and leave, he's done it with so many tourists before." hyunjin deadpanned, looking away from jisung as he started pouting and hyunjin knew he couldn't keep this up with jisung pouting.

"please! let's give it a try at least!" jisung was practically in tears, he himself didn't even know where his obsession with beating s in a game came from, but now it's become his life mission.

"fine." hyunjin finally agreed, he knew it was a mistake, he knew he'd go home with less money than he originally thought he would when minho first asked, but how could he say no to jisung?

and so, they made their way over to the side room, made specially for gamblers to waste their life savings on cards.