"And then at night, you'll go to bed. And Aunt Hilda or Aunt Zelda will sit by our side until we fall asleep. And tomorrow you'll do the same, and it will hurt a tiny bit less. And the next day, it will hurt even less."

"After what I put Harvey through how can I ever face him again?"

I bite my lips as I feel a light pressure where the pain should be, "I don't know 'Brina, but I know that we will."

Sabrina looked at me with a frown, "Do you think you will ever want to feel again?"

I bite my lip thinking about how I cried the night Harvey kicked me out of his house. The look of resentment on his face. The painful stab at my heart, as I tried to stop the tears from rushing down my cheeks.

Terribly, the numbing balm wasn't truly for Tommy at all. After Tommy's death, I had stupidly tried to return to school and act as the previous night had never occured, I suppose off the high of my own lies I decided to not wait to meet up with Bast during potions and instead surprise him at his room. I know it is a silly thing to think, but I never thought that Bast would still be hooking up with people while we were friends. Needless to say, it didn't take long to figure out why he wasn't answering the door and it took even less time to figure out that I may have been more affected by the news than a friend should.

The feeling of helplessness or rather a rejection of something I didn't even know I wanted, was devastating. My chest actually felt as if it were tore in two. Looking into Sabrina's eyes, I give her a hopeful smile that doesn't quite reach my eyes, "I don't know 'Brina."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

After Sabrina begged for a good hour, I finally agreed to go to school with her for the first few minutes, just in case Harvey makes an unexpected appearance in the morning. As we walked down the hallway, I looked around at the familiar faces. I forgot how much I loved this school.

I follow Sabrina into the girls' restroom, looking at the WICCA club sign posted on the wall.

"Grace," Sabrina called for my attention. I look up at her before seeing Roz and Susie waiting for us. Their shock at seeing me quickly fades once they see Sabrina.

"Sabrina. Gracelina." Roz finally said.

"Roz. Susie." I smile, moving to hug them, although they seem hesitant to return the gesture. "What's going on? You guys look a little freaked out."

"We called you all week," Roz huffed. Sabrina and I look at each other, guilty, we didn't even try to answer our phones.

"I wasn't, uh, feeling that great," Sabrina told them. "And Gracelina was busy getting settled in for Christmas break."

I nod along with the lie, trying to wear my best fake smile.

"Brina, Lina, we want...We need to ask you..." Roz began.

Before I could even question their noticeable apprehension, Susie blurted, "Are you guys, witches?"

I freeze. Everything I had done to numb the pain of Harvey's rejection and the heartache of Bast. It was all for naught the minute my worst fears came to life. I feel a chill run through my chest as the numbing balm Aunt Hilda made, melted away.

I stumble on my feet as I take a step back, trying to take everything in. Everything I was trying to ignore.

A flash of light brings me out of my terror state, as I look outside to see a bolt of lightning coming down outside. I need to calm down.