1.4

"I've got a black magic woman

Got me so blind I can't see"

As usual, the gang is at Cerberus's debating the true meaning of some fantastic work of art. Today it is The Fly. I simply listen to them while I sip my milkshake.

"No, no, no, 'The Fly' is about body dysmorphia," Susie argues, slumped back on the big red armchair.

"Isn't it about a guy who turns into a giant fly?" Harvey asks Sabrina.

"The original yes, but Cronenberg said his remake was a metaphor for STDs," Sabrina points out while I nod in agreement with her.

"Guys, what are we doing this weekend?", Roz changes the subject.

"Well, my dad is going to the farm expo for three days, so I'm stuck at home by myself" Susie frowns.

"Ooh! Let's have a girls' night" Roz declares. I already know that she has planned the whole night in her mind and hate to think that I won't be with them starting tomorrow.

Susie is quickly hesitant causing Roz to continue further, "Come on, Susie, please? My mom and dad are trying to get me to lead this youth group at their church this weekend; staying with you would give me the perfect excuse not to do that."

Susie shakes her head still not excited about the idea, "I dunno Roz."

"S? Lina? you in?" Roz asks, and I look at Sabrina anxiously, not wanting to be the one to lie to them. I go and do it anyway because Sabrina's lie is sure to be horrible.

"We can't...I didn't want to tell you guys like this," I say eyeing the group, "but Sabrina and I will be looking at this new art school in New York. I applied last year for singing, and I got accepted...Sabrina told me she would visit with me."

"Wait, you're leaving Greendale?" Harvey looks at me sadly while the others look like they are about to cry.

"I wanted to tell you sooner but," I stop before I make up yet another lie, "I am sorry you guys," I tell them sadly.

Roz is the first one to speak, "We are going to miss you so much," she envelopes me in a huge hug which makes me smile thankfully that at least one of my friends isn't mad. Susie agrees with her giving me a sad smile.

"Call us all the time," Harvey smiles, going in to hug me while as the rest of the gang follows.

"Relax guys, she is only a train ride away" Sabrina rolls her eyes with a smile.

"Yeah, and I am going to be here all the time. I don't even plan on staying at the boarding school. We just won't see each other at school" I tell them trying to make them feel better, before small smirk forms on my lips, "And I am still coaching the cheer team."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

"Aren't you even a little excited?" Ambrose asks me while I pack for my stay at the Academy.

"I'm stressed, Ambrose, starting a new school is stressful, not to mention I'm lying to my friends, and I don't see why I have to sleep at the Academy for three whole nights. And I secretly am scared to learn more about my powers" I mumble my last statement with a frown.

Ambrose begins to play with my long pigtail braids, "It's your induction, cousin, you are on the precipice of a stupendous new adventure at the Academy of Unseen Arts, you will meet interesting witches and warlocks from all over the world, some of them -- a great many of them, will be hot" Ambrose smirks.

I feel my cheeks flush a deep scarlet, "I don't think I will be meeting any boys at the academy. And even if I did, I don't think they would notice me..." I say still trying to hide my blush.