1.6

"Well, take a journey into my mind

You'll see why it's venom I rhyme"

This morning I woke up to find my fully dressed sister sitting at the foot of my bed waiting patiently yo tell me everything I missed during her confrontation with Mrs. Wardwell. I sigh rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, before walking to the bathroom knowing she would follow me and begin her story, "Mrs. Wardwell is a witch, and she knew our father, Grace."

I poke my head out of the shower in shock, "How?"

Sabrina continues as I finish bathing myself and exit the tub to dry off, "She was excommunicated from her coven in New Hampshire for falling in love with a mortal boy who she was engaged to. Then came to our father begging for assistance, knowing that he would understand. And he took her under his wing and allowed her to become his secretary."

"Mwo Way!", I exclaim, trying to brush my teeth. Sabrina gives me an 'i know right' look and continues.

I begin bandaging my arm which is still damaged from the Batibat incident. I don't really mind it though knowing that my abilities will allow it to heal properly with no scaring.

"Yes! And when he died, he asked her to watch over us, and she did! Can you believe that! I mean she is just like the rest of them spying and keeping secrets!" Sabrina huffed before I stopped her finally dressed.

"Why are you so upset? She was just trying to do what she thought was right. Just like our father", I calmly try to coerce her. She grumbles on anyway, and I roll my eyes as I finish packing my bag for the academy, "I would love to talk more but, I have to go to school and so do you."

I grab my bag and throw it over my shoulder before walking through the portal bus (a portal that appears to students' homes, that transports them to the academy) and enter the academy foyer with other students. I run to Father Blackwood's office to inform him that Sabrina and I broke the Acheron Configuration and to give him the pieces. I lightly knock on his door and enter when he calls me in, "Good morning, Miss Spellman. I assume you have come to surrender and continue with your, as you say 'unimportant classes.'"

I don't comment on that fact that I have never called any of my classes unimportant and politely return him the Acheron Configuration, "Actually, my sister and I found it quite amusing. Solving the puzzle, ya know? Why would you assume we didn't?" I play with a piece of the configuration, acting like I have no idea what it is, before looking back at him with mock confusion, "How long did it take you to solve?"

Father Blackwood's wide eyes slowly fall into slits before collecting himself once again and stating, "I couldn't be bothered with such child's play. Nonetheless, congratulations, you and your sister will switch out of double Latin and move into potions and conjuring. As you wish, you can go now. I would hate for you to be late for your first class of the day, Divination."

I nod, tossing the figure to him, before turning to leave and walking to my class. When I enter the divination room, I admire the lush feel of the place full of tapestries and crystal hangings. A strange old woman greets me with a warm smile and a cup of tea, "You may take a seat next to Dorcas, it seems that she doesn't have a partner."

I look up to see the redhead smiling at me and patting the cushion next to her. I smile, grateful that I know one person in the class and move to sit next to her, "Hey."

Dorcas grabs my hand, "I just want to say that I hope we can still be friends although I tried to kill your sister."

I consider brushing her off, but after realizing the Weird Sisters, Bast, and Nick are the only people I know at the academy, I decided it would be best to forgive and forget, "Of course."