|| arrival ||

c h a p t e r  o n e
1 | 2 0 | 2 0
¤

   Decepticon signals. The pod had alerted you of them before you crashed.

   You noticed, as the lid of the pod popped open and you crawled out, that you had landed in a crowded, snowy forest. The only colors around were white and the dark brown of tree bark. The pod's landing had destroyed some of the surrounding landscape. A fourth of the pod was buried in the ground.

   You landed on the snow, your seeker heels barely sinking. The glistening white material seemed to be harmless, as well as cold and wet. You leaned your front against the pod and reached in to scoop an awaiting Vega out.

   "Creator, where are we?" The mechling asked, his big optics glancing around fearfully.   His wings would be quivering if he wasn't so tired.

   "The planet is called Earth, sweetspark. Its organic," you replied, holding him close to your chassis. Vega rested his helm against your sparkchamber, allowing the beat of your spark to soothe him.

   "Are we gonna be okay?"

   You backed away from the pod. His whimpered words made you begin cradling him. "Of course we are, Vega. I wouldn't let anything happen to you." You kissed his forehelm.

   You spun around slowly, surveying your surroundings once again.

   The sound of a ground-bridge opening up reached your audios. Your back faced the pod. You stood defensively, and hid your true feelings behind an equally defensive mask.

   When the bridge opened up fully, several bots walked out. Two vehicons, one small black and purple femme with appendages on her back--who you recognized as Airachnid--and finally, a mech who was taller and thicker in build, painted blue and gold. You didn't know him.

   "They're a Decepticon alright," Airachnid stated in her naturally sickeningly sweet tone. "And they have a sparkling! Now that's a surprise." She put a servo on her hip.

   Despite feeling more fearful and apprehensive at the mere sight of them, you relaxed your stance.

   "I am Lieutenant Dreadwing. This is First Lieutenant Airachnid. State your rank and designation," Dreadwing demanded. His tone was not nearly as commanding or harsh as you thought it would be. He seemed surprisingly mindful of the frightened child in your arms. You couldn't say the same for his partner.

   "I am Lieutenant Y/N of the Decepticon ship, the Invader. This is my son, Vega." You stood straight and still. Nothing would slip through your mask.

   "What happened to the Invader?" The femme inquired.

   "It was attacked by Autobots. We had to abandon ship. I'm not sure how many others survived," you answered truthfully. The two other Cons looked to each other before looking at you again.

   "Come. We will take you to Lord Megatron. He will decide what will be done with you," Dreadwing said.

   You froze. Lord Megatron?! He was on this planet too?! You nodded once, still reeling.

   The two turned around and walked back through the ground-bridge. The troopers came up behind you as you followed them through the glowing tunnel.

   Vega looked around an over your shoulder in awe, shifting his position to get a better look. He'd never seen a ground-bridge before. This was so cool! A portal that led into a ship! So this os what a ground-bridge was.

   You chuckled. "Stop movin' around so much! You're gonna make me lose my grip."

   Vega gave you a bright smile, before settling back into your arms. He was bubbling with curiosity now, a spark of wonder in both optics, his wings perked up.

   Airachnid looked back at you. She raised an optic ridge, but didn't catch your optics. She focused on ahead as the group walked through the other side of the bridge.

   Dreadwing had also looked back at you. He was more curious than questioning like Airachnid. His sharp red optics held fondness. This was the first sparkling anyone had seen since the war began four million years ago.

   He looked away as he came through the exit. You had a cute kid, no doubt. But, whatever he wanted to ask, whatever he wanted to know, was none of his business. This was war, and that was your child. He had no right to bother you about those things. He had work to do anyways.

   You patted Vega's back as his face turned disappointed when the portal closed behind you and the troopers.

   You saw Megatron turn around at the front of the Nemesis' bridge. Soundwave stood at his side. You slid behind your mask again.

   "Be on your best behaviour, okay?" You whispered in your sparkling's audio. Vega nodded vigorously. 'Best behaviour' translated to 'don't do anything that'll draw attention', like making noise, or touching anything. It was restrictive, you knew, but you didn't want him or you being punished for anything he might do just because he's a sparkling that doesn't know better.

   "Ah, another Decepticon. Good. And a sparkling! I can't recall the last time I saw a little one," the warlord remarked, stepping forwards some. His sharp claws were folded behind him.

   "My piece, this is Lieutenant Y/N of the now destroyed Invader, and their son, Vega," Airachnid introduced you, bowing.

   You bowed your helm. "My Lord, it is an honor to meet you."

   "Clearly you have already met my second-in-command, Airachnid, and lieutenant Dreadwing. This is Soundwave-," he motioned to the masked mech at his side, "-and you will meet Knock Out and Breakdown when you enter the medical bay." He walked forwards until he was just a step away from you.

   You looked up at him in confusion.

   "Hello there, little one." Megatron looked down at Vega. Vega met his optics with uncertainty. "Well?"

  " . . . hi," your sparkling said. The hulking mech gave a toothy grin. It dropped as he met your gaze.

   "I expect you to perform your duties well despite your conditions." Parenthood isn't a condition, you wanted to snarl. You simply nodded. Megatron looked to Dreadwing and ordered, "Escort them to the Medbay. Then show them their room."

   Dreadwing nodded, and motioned for you to follow with his helm. The two of you walked side by side down the halls. That was that, it seemed.