039. the mystery of love

Start from the beginning

"And..I just want to say now that - I don't love you anymore, at least not like that. But I'm always going to love you like a brother, you're my best friend and I hope we always will be." Kay says, he could almost feel the pungent anxiety in her voice.
Josh took a deep breath, "I'm not mad, if that's what you're worried about. I've known since the Thanksgiving dinner. And maybe I was sad about it for a while, but not anymore. With the time I've spent with you, I realized we're better off as friends anyways." He confesses, an aloof smile finally appearing back on his face. Katherine felt like she could finally exhale the breath she had been holding in, and it felt great. "How did you know about Sebastian and I?" She asks, "I thought I hid it pretty well, if you ask me."

Josh laughs, it was a genuine one.

"Kay, we've been friends for as long as my pea-brain can remember. You can't hide things from me anymore."

-

-

When Sebastian decided to tell Joane, he thought she'd understand. Up until this point, he knew her as the most understanding person ever. But that spot is owned by Katherine now. He did not expect the ever calm and collected Joane to be throwing things at him in a fit of rage.

"So you were cheating on me with my sister?!" She screeched, making him wince.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do that it ju-"

Joane held up a hand and turned the other cheek. "Save it! This is all my fault anyways, it's the things I do isn't it?! Going out, partying, being independent. YOU just want a girl that you can protect and shelter from the world like a child. And you know what? Kay is perfect for that. She's the most immature person I know. God! I don't even know why I felt bad for her." Joane complains, pacing around.

Sebastian ducked from another object being thrown at him.

"I'm really sorry! I just needed to tell you this."

"Save it, Sebastian." She says, not even thinking about hearing him out. "This is the worst thing anyone has ever done to me."

She stalked back into her bedroom, locking the door shut and finally erupting into a fit of tears under all that rage

She stalked back into her bedroom, locking the door shut and finally erupting into a fit of tears under all that rage. This is what she feared, Katherine always getting what she wanted. No matter how hard Joane tried to steal things from her, college acceptances, boyfriends, dresses, Katherine always got what she deserved. And her sister always deserved the best because she truly was a good person. And Joane was not, that's what made her mad. The fact that Kay was always meant to have a good heart.

Joane's heart was cold...and dead. She tried so hard to love Sebastian, and for a while, maybe she did. But that love always fades away, and it replaced by a void inside her. Joane tries to fill that void everyday, with alcohol, partying, and meaningless sex. But that hole doesn't ever get filled, because she was a bad person.

That's what made her mad.

-
Very rare AUTHOR'S NOTE!
this chapter is supposed to symbolize the difference between a good reaction to a break up and a toxic reaction (with josh being the good and joane being the bad) it was so hard to make joane mad without dehumanizing her and making her seem like a villain! that's not what she's meant to be and i hope you don't see her that way!

thank you for reading, and the end of this book is finally coming soon. please make sure to read my other sebastian/bucky books, ONLINE, FORTUITY and BIONIC FEEL. I already have another idea for a new seb fic which will probably be coming out when this one's done! ONLINE and FORTUITY are both finished books so binge read to your heart's content.

xoxo Felix!