037. chris

It's been a week since I last saw Sebastian. It's safe to say that we have actively avoided each other for that time being. When he came to visit Joane, I wouldn't leave my room. When Joane couldn't pick me up from campus, I'd take the bus. And right now, I was looking for apartments near our current place so I could move out and have one of my own. Living in solitude was better for me anyways.
Chris, the nice guy I met through Sebastian, had also asked me to hang out. Josh, of course, was jealous, but he refused to admit it. I knew anyways because duh, he's been my best friend for a long as I remember how to spell my own name. I don't know if Chris wants to go out on a date with me, or he simply just wants to hang out. It might not be the latter.

So, with that in mind, I decide to wear something casual. A pale mint, knitted sweater seemed like a good option, under that would be a white t-shirt. I paired the sweater with light blue jeans, and some brown boots. What? It was cuddle weather.

chris: hey!
chris: i'm outside!

katherine: coming now. see you :)
SEEN 12:34 PM

He was going to pick me up, since I had no ride. Sebastian was currently over, so I ran down the stair as fast as I could, grabbed my bag, and dashed to the front door.

"Where are you going?" My sister asked, I tried my hardest not to look at Sebastian, who currently had his arm around her as they sat on the couch to watch a movie.

"Out with a friend."

"With Josh?" She asked, I shook my head no.

"Oh, then who?" Wow, she was really asking a lot of questions today.

"With Chris." I simply reply as I watch Sebastian's eyes almost pop out of their sockets. Seeing that almost made me smirk, he was even more jealous than Josh!

"The blonde one? Sis, he's hot!" She winks at me, "Alright, bye then!"

"Later." Is all I say before grabbing my coat and shutting the door behind me. Chris drives a grey car, I'm not really a fan of cars so I don't exactly know what car it was but maybe it was an Audi?

"Hey!" He greets me once I get into the passenger's seat. "Hi, Chris." I smile, giving him a quick hug.

"So, where to?"

-
We are seated in a small pub, with pool tables and a bar island. But we opt to sit in one of those old fashioned booths. The place was Chris's choice, as I couldn't decide on a location. The pub seemed to come right out of an episode of Peaky Blinders. He looks at me admire the place.

"So how's life?" He asks me, eyes full of curiosity and care. I sink down into my seat. "Could be better, I guess." I say quietly, but loud enough for him to head. "Aw, what's wrong, doll?" He asks, his smile turning into a frown. "Well-"

"It's Sebastian, isn't it?" He interrupts, and I am shocked at his response.

"What? How did you-"

"How did I know? Seb told me a couple months ago about him having feelings for you. He couldn't tell anyone at the time so it he kinda just blew up in my face. Also. I know about the fake-dating thing. He told me to hide the fact that I knew it, though." He explains, a small smirk replaces his frown. I squint my eyes at him.

"Months?" I echo, he nods in response.

"Yeah, it's been a while. I heard what happened a week ago as well, right?"

Sebastian really told this man everything, it was evident they were the best of friends.

"I just don't know what to do. I mean - I've liked Josh for so long. And suddenly all I wanna do is be with Sebastian. I don't know what to do, anymore." I vent, bringing my head into my hands.

"I mean, if I'm being honest," Chris starts, "You could always change your feelings, you know? It happens sometimes

"I mean, if I'm being honest," Chris starts, "You could always change your feelings, you know? It happens sometimes. One minute you like someone, the next minute you're catchin' feelings for someone else!" What he said made sense, but I was too used to being in love with Josh.

"I know but, I've liked Josh forever! Probably since high school. And I've been annoyed with Sebastian since I met him when he was 20 and I was like 12. Now all of a sudden I'm in love with him?" I question, confused and frustrated with my own feelings.

"I think you're just overthinking the whole thing, Katty. You need to just follow your heart," Chris paused for a moment to cringe at what he just said, "You're just not used to changing your feelings. I think you need to trust your instincts and do what you wanna do." He finally finishes. I stare at him, stunned at his words.

 I stare at him, stunned at his words

I can't help but smile. Talking to Chris opened my eyes. "What about Joane and Josh?"

Chris leans back, and sighs. "Well, they'll be mad at first. But if they realize how much you two really like each other, and how much you want to be together, then they'll understand."

I nod, and take Chris's hand to squeeze it lightly for a split second, and then I let it go.

"Thanks, Chris. You're a really good guy."

"A really good friend." He corrects, taking a bite out of his club sandwich in the process.

"A really good friend," I repeat, playfully rolling my eyes at him, "I honestly don't know what I would have done. To be real with you, you should be a therapist or something." I joke.

"I know, right?!"

-

After the lunch 'date' with Chris, I am dropped back home to find Joane on the couch, passed out. Sebastian was nowhere to be seen. As I tucked her in for bed, I noticed the putrescent smell of alcohol lingering around her. It seemed as if it had been long since Sebastian left, and she was probably day-drinking alone by herself. It worried me, Joane used to have a problem with both alcohol and drugs.

I collapse on my bed once I get there. Chris gave me good insights on my situation, but I still had a lot of thinking to do.

The buzz of my phone snapped me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

sebastian: what were you doing with chris?