Chapter 14: Hello

Chapter 14: Hello

Hannah:

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Every time I tried to shut my eyes; it didn't help. I tossed and turned. Warm milk didn't help nor did reality TV. I didn't catch any of Charlie's germs, so I could throw out having a cold. I approached school like a zombie: dark circles under my half-closed eyes, dragging my feet and slumped my shoulders. I wore sweatpants, a grey t-shirt, and sneakers today. I blinked repeatedly before I reached my locker, spinning the lock to remember the combination. Jumbled numbers formed in my brain; I used my cell number by mistake. Groaning loudly, I opened the zipper in front of my backpack for the paper I wrote the combination on. Someone pushed me hard against the lockers causing me to hit my shoulder. "Ow!" I stumbled on my feet, searching behind for whoever it was that wasn't watching where they were going. The hallway was full. Everyone was rushing to their class. I rubbed my sore spot. "Rude," I muttered to whoever did it, they didn't even bother to stop and apologize.

"What's wrong with you?" Edward's voiced concern walking toward me.

"Someone pushed me in the lockers, and I hit my shoulder, they didn't even say sorry." I rolled my eyes, but I was still in pain, I soothed my spot again.

"Maybe it was an accident."

"Maybe, they still didn't apologize."

"That's rude."

"Exactly." I'm glad he thought the same. I got out my written paper with my combo and turned the dial. It unlocked, I took out my journal and notebook. "Where's Linda?"

"Doctor's appointment," he responded.

"Oh," I nodded. She didn't tell me. He and I headed to Chemistry. By the time I sat at my desk, my eyes began to drift close. Someone woke me up by nudging my ribs, I jolted up, my classmate Justin. He looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Why did you do that?" I whispered to him with a glare.

"Ms. Lima almost caught you while you were sleeping," he told me.

"Well, you didn't have to hurt my side to wake me up." I rubbed my eyes hard to wake me up.

"Sorry. Clean your drool." He smirked and pointed to my chin. I looked down at my paper that he was right about the drool. I wiped my face off and then the paper, drying it off on my pants. It's my drool. I could do whatever I want with it. "Couldn't sleep?" He asked.

"No," I huffed out.

"Those sex dreams are keeping you up." he joked, I glared at him. Justin's been my classmate since the beginning of the year. He asked me out once but he wasn't my type. He's cute, I liked his light blonde hair and green eyes. He was disappointed but he still wanted to be friends. I rested my hand in my palm, leaning my elbow on the desk while the teacher droned on about the periodic table.

I stared at the clock; the minute hand ticked slowly. I glanced at the door; the small square window was there so you could see out the hallway. Teachers and students passed by, one looked familiar: brunette hair and broad shoulders. I smiled when I recognized Charlie. He stopped in front of the door when he saw me, waved quickly, and went the other direction. The bell rang to end class, grabbing the things I checked on my phone, maybe it's from Charlie. 

Meet me in the computer room- unknown. 

 It was possibly Charlie. He probably changed his number. Stepping through the hallway, dodging the students who didn't want to be late.

"I hope it's not locked," I muttered when I found the computer room. Exhaling deeply, I turned the knob slowly and it clicked open. The room's pitch black, I felt around the walls for the light switch. I found it and turned it on. The room lit bright; the person's back was facing me while standing in front of the window.

Doing a 180 spin, they spun around. "Hello." 

"