● 0 4 ●

***

^^^ Warning: Not edited. ^^^

***

Such a small gesture but speaks volume. Talking to Shravan seems so natural, so comforting that it never feels like I met this man just four days ago.

He is an interesting man I have to admit. Never beating around the bush, he says what comes to his mind. But he doesn't seem to be an impulsive man. If he was, he wouldn't have made it this big in life. That leads me to think why did he choose to marry me? I know I am not ugly, rather I have a fit body which I am very confident of. Thanks to my workout regime of three days a week. But I am not a stunner too. I look rather very common. All my life I have always been pretty not beautiful or gorgeous. Whereas Shravan indeed looks drool-worthy. Why is he interested in me?

My mother seems relatively happy learning about Shravan. When I told her that he has asked me to inform when I reach home, she looked elated. Entering into my room, I switch on the lights. I still haven't messaged him, for some reason, the anticipation . . . the giddiness, made my body tingle.

Reached. I smile and hit the send button. I put the phone on charge and then go to the bathroom to freshen up. The moment I step into the bathroom my phone beeps. My smile broadens thinking it must be from Shravan's. It's heartwarming to know, even though he is busy, he has enough time to reply.

After changing into my PJs, I walk back to my room. And yes it was indeed Shravan. Thanks for letting me know. I'll call you when I reach home. Stay awake. I can feel my eyebrows hit my hairline, the message almost looks like he is ordering me to stay awake. Though my rational part tells me to go to sleep just now, I am not here to obey him. But my emotional part asks me to put up with him. At least I need to know what more he wants to say when we already have talked so much today.

I'll try. I type back. Leaving the phone on the charge again and turn towards my bed. Instantly my phone starts ringing.

Shravan calling . . .

"Hello?" I put the phone on speaker.

"Are you upset?" His deep voice resonates across the room. I almost yelp as I hit my toe with the table as his sudden question caught me totally off guard.

"No. Why would I be?" When he doesn't reply I ask him, "You are still in office?" I look at the clock, 7.30 in the evening. If he goes home by 8.30 at night then shouldn't he be on his way home?

"Yes. Tonight it's taking more time than I thought it would."

"I thought, you have recruited enough people to make sure your work gets done."

Shravan laughs, remembering the conversation we had yesterday. He sighs. Clearly, he is too tired. He stays calm for a second, "You know even if I have enough people to work under me, I need to supervise them. Because I can't afford to be an idiot."

"You are too intelligent to be an idiot." I pull out my phone from the charger and put off the speaker mode. As interesting this man is, he has this weird habit of saying something which I doubt my mother would particularly like. And it's a matter of fact that she loves to barge into my room unannounced.