three || aborting baby

"You are not just a part of me, you are someone special who completes me."

- author

Amelia's POV

"So, on your 27th birthday, for the first time you got drunk and wasted, then you had your first kiss with a stranger and also lost your 'V' card to him and now you're pregnant with his baby. Liah, you know you're stupid." Camellia narrated my short 'one-night stand pregnancy story' in a frustrated voice while looking at me with a dumbfounded expression.

From last night, she's pissed at me for my stupid act. And I understand that she's concerned about me that's why she's angry with me. Even I'm also angry with myself. But I'm somewhat glad that she didn't judge me.

"You can earn more if you start narrating stories," I mumbled while eating my toast. She looked at me with annoyance, I just rolled my eyes at her, "Don't look at me like this. Eat your breakfast or you will be late for the office."

"That guy didn't use a condom then why didn't you take the pills?" Camellia asked while putting down her spoon on the table, "Didn't you know you will get pregnant after having unprotected sex?" she asked, raising her eyebrows at me.

"I- I thought he used a condom," I said meekly while looking down, "But I think I was drunk to remember what happened that night."

Camellia let out a heavy sigh hearing that, "Then what about pills?"

"It skipped out of my mind," I admitted shamefully.

I did plan to take pills as precautions but for some reason, it skipped out of my mind. I don't remember the incident much so I can't even say why did I make such a huge mistake.

"But Liah, you should have been careful. Now, what are you going to do? How are you going to tell him about the baby?" Camellia asked.

"I have no intention of telling him about the baby," I answered.

"Then what are you going to do?" She asked, looking at me worriedly.

"I'm going to abort the baby."

She did look surprised by my answer, "But Liah-"

"I never wanted this baby, it was just a one-night stand. And it happened by mistake that too in a drunken state. That's why there's no point in keeping it. And I have already decided that I'm going to abort this baby," I explained to Camellia, she did look like she was about to say something but she didn't, she just nod her head in understanding.

"By the way, you never told us about the guy. And who's the guy? Do you even know him?" Camellia asked curiously.

I have heard this question thousands of times, but still, I never dared to tell the truth. Each time I felt guilty for lying to them.

"I told you, he was just a stranger and I don't know him," I said, eyeing her angrily. She sighed and continued eating.

I quickly finished my breakfast and got up, because I don't discuss those things anymore. I already made myself more than embarrassed.

"I'm leaving now," I said getting up from the chair, picking up my dirty dishes, and walking into the kitchen.

"Why are you leaving so soon?" Camellia asked, "We have time," she said checking the time on her phone.

I quickly washed my dirty dishes and put them in their right places. Wiping my hands, I walked out of the kitchen.

"I know, but I have to go to the hospital before going to the office. That's why I'm leaving first. See yeah, I will meet you in the office." I said coming and picking up my bag and coat. I quickly bid bye to her and walked out of the house.

———//———–//———

"So, you want to abort your baby?" I nod my head at the doctor's question, she sighed and checked my medical report.

"How many weeks?" She asked while checking the file.

"8 weeks," I answered.

"Okay! That will not be much problem. If you are free next week, then we can do it then, " She said.

"Yeah, that's fine with me," I replied quickly while the doctor handover the file to me.

"And yeah, you have to fill those papers also and submit them before the procedures start. Make sure to sign the consent form." the doctor instructed while giving the papers to me. I nodded my head and checked out the papers.

"You aren't married, are you?" The doctor asked, I shook my head in denial, "Does that mean the baby's father isn't involved?" The doctor asked. I thought for a moment before nodding my head.

"Well, it's not my place to ask but does the father aware of the situation?" She questioned looking at me, I couldn't answer her questions. I felt guilty for some unknown reason.

"I guess not. Well, it's understandable. But I think you should think once before proceeding with the abortion. I saw your report, and the chances of your pregnancy are very low. It's really a miracle that you're able to conceive. Well, pregnancy is a miracle in itself. So, it's not surprising but miracle doesn't happen easily." She said, smiling at me.

"Every year a lot of people try but couldn't get pregnant naturally. Even some people lost their chance to get pregnant after an abortion. So, it's better to discuss with people who are close to you before taking such an important decision. Rest is up to you if you want this baby or not." The doctor said, giving me a small smile.

She didn't tell it up front, but I guess she was telling me to discuss it with the baby's father. I let out a heavy sigh seeing the abortion form.

Discuss with the baby's father.

For that, I have to tell him about the baby first. But how am I supposed to tell him?

———//———–//———

I was walking through the corridor of the hospital. Suddenly I collided with a little girl. The small girl fell with a thud.

"Are you okay?" I asked while bending to the girl's level and helping her to get up. She nodded her head with a small smile. She dusted her clothes and thanked me, "Thank you."

"It's okay, are you okay? Did you get hurt?" I asked, she nod her head in denial.

"Helena," We turned around when someone called her, "What are you doing here? How many times I have told you not to run here and there."

Seeing the woman, I could tell she was her mother. After all, she just looks like each other. Her mother looked at Helena angrily.

"Nothing, momma," she said, her mother eyed her suspiciously but she blinked her eyes innocently.

I smiled seeing her act. I came to sense hearing her mother's voice, "I hope my daughter didn't trouble you."

"No, not at all," I said with a smile while getting up. She smiled at me, and Helena kissed me on my cheek before leaving.

I looked at the disappearing figures of mother and daughter. I sighed heavily, seeing the mother-daughter, I felt an ache in my heart. I looked at my flat stomach.

"I don't even know if you're a boy or a girl," I thought keeping a hand on my flat stomach.

What a terrible mother I am!