Steps

Izuku Midoriya

It's probably a bad thing that I'm so used to the feeling of cloudiness, it's comforting and scary all at once. Whenever I'm unconscious like this I always feel like I'm wading through clouds, I try to keep myself stable when I'm in this state but it terrifies me with how foreign it feels. I know if I wake up people will begin to freak out and make a commotion and I always hate that but I have to wake up eventually so I might as well get it over with right? But it's hard this time, harder than it has been in the past. When I was taken by the sludge villain I did hurt for a while and waking up was a difficult task but it wasn't like this.

Sometimes when I can't move I try to focus on my fingers, one at a time, baby steps. It helps, usually. I just need to move them but I can't, it's like they're glued to the bed. Am I even on a bed? I can't feel anything either, that's bad right? Or maybe it's totally fine and my senses are just broken because of the trauma that put me here.

Every time I've been in a coma I've been able to hear. Even my first coma, I don't remember the words after all these years but I know I heard mom's voice back then. I've always heard Kacchan's voice when I was out too, I hear his voice the clearest. You'd think I'd hear my mom's voice the clearest but I don't, it might be a pitch thing since Kacchan's voice is so deep. I don't want to think it's about his importance to me because I don't want to rank my mom and Kacchan like that, so voice depth it is.

I can't hear anything except my own thoughts right now. Actually, when I think about it, being able to think this much is weird. I've never been able to think for this long without clocking out for a while, why can I do that now? What's different now?

This is starting to get scary...it's different and different is bad, with an illness you want consistency in symptoms, not new ones. I'm already about four years past my life expectancy, was this last event too much?

No, I refuse to believe that. I said I wasn't going to die and I won't, I refuse to die until I've reached my dream. If I don't wake up I might be stuck here, every day in a coma is a day closer to never waking up. That's why if somebody wakes up from a coma after years it's such a big news event, but even if I went into a year-long coma I wouldn't survive the physical therapy it takes to recover. My body wouldn't survive.

When did I even pass out? I remember being with Mineta and Asui but then...nothing. Why was I with Mineta and Asui? We were on a class trip or something but why would I be with those two and not Kacchan? I barely know Asui though she seems nice, I don't think I could be friends with Mineta. Why them...out of everybody why them?

No choice?

I had no choice! That's right, we were forced together by...a purple gate? A warp? So we were attacked by villains and forced to work together. That makes the most sense to me, I can't remember the details but I remember Asui saving me.

Okay, I've remembered a little more. Maybe if I build my memory back up again I can get control over myself, it's hard to control the body when the mind is broken. Wait, I've heard the word broken recently. Somebody wanted to break something, I think Asui is related but it wasn't her. God, I can't remember!

Breaking Asui was to break somebody else, somebody who has a lot of pressure on them. It wasn't Aizawa Sensei so it must have been All Might. Oh! The blue-haired villain with the hands! I remember! His quirk has something to do with breaking things like how he destroyed Aizawa Sensei's elbow, and he tried to kill Asui to hurt All Might!

I feel like I'm getting closer but it's like I've hit a wall. All Might, Asui, Mineta, Aizawa Sensei, Villains, but then that's it? Where's Kacchan? Kacchan always stays with me when I'm not awake and he talks to me too but now I can't hear him and I can't remember what happened with the villains either.