What's A Dad?

Katsuki Bakugo

It was finally the weekend, or it was a weekend for everybody else. Of course, there was homework to do but I have to train too. A few months ago Deku was attacked by a sludge monster and I tried to save him, I failed but apparently, somebody saw potential in me for trying. That somebody being All Might. Juggling schoolwork and training for One For All is hard, All Might's quirk made my quirk stronger and I need to learn to control it. It's hard, I knew exactly how to use my quirk until I got OFA, not my explosions are huge and it's almost impossible to control their size.

I wasn't allowed to tell my parents about this which sucked but it sucked more that I couldn't tell Deku, he'd be so excited to know I was his hero's disciple. But, then again, he might be freaked out to learn his mom's boyfriend is All Might. Another secret I had to keep from him, I hated keeping secrets from Deku and I could tell he was catching onto the fact that I wasn't telling him everything.

Around noon I left to a secluded beach to meet with All Might, I had been on a strict strength training schedule for months now and while it's gotten looser in recent weeks I still have to train. Today is different though, it's a quirk training day which was my favorite. I love blowing shit up.

When I got to the beach I found All Might already there, he was in his smaller form. Deku saw him yesterday at school and again at dinner but from what I've heard, he managed to play off his appearance at school. I'll just have to remember his excuse in case Deku asks me about it.

"Young Bakugo!" All Might shouted happily when I'd gotten closer to him, "Good afternoon! How was your day?" He sounded different in this form and it threw me off sometimes. I didn't reply which he ignored as usual, "Today we're going to push your quirk so you can get used to the new extremes you have. To start, use as much of your quirk as you can into the air."

I nodded and rubbed my hands together for a moment, I could make my hands sweat myself but sometimes heating them up helps make more sweat. I threw my hands up and ignited my sweat causing a massive explosion, it was much more than I'm used to and the force of it pushed my body ankle-deep into the sand, "Damn!"

All Might had a hand to his chin in thought and then buffed up into his big form, "Perfect!" His deep voice boomed. He walked behind a rock and came back with a metal barrel, some rocks, and wood. I was confused but watched him set the barrel up on some rocks and then make a rock circle, lighting the wood under the barrel. It's like a campfire but the barrel confused me.

We waited a moment in silence, the only sounds I could hear was the wind, ocean, and the crackling of the wood logs as they burned. The water in the barrel began bubbling and that's when All Might spoke, "I want you to use your quirk, shove your hands into the barrel, and then use your quirk again. At 100% every time."

Shove my hands into boiling water? This has to fall under child endangerment. I looked into the barrel and then back at All Might, "Won't this like, damage my arms and shit?" If I came home with burns on my arms my mom will get upset and probably accuse me of being a hooligan whatever that meant.

All Might shook his head, "No. Your arms and hands are calloused from using your quirk throughout your life, the most that will happen is soreness from overusing your quirk but this is the only way I can think of to train without having to wait on your sweat glands."

Seems like All Might has thought this through so I might as well trust him. I sunk my arms into the water, it was hot but it didn't hurt so I guess the callous thing was true. Then I pulled my arms out and made another explosion, this one more violent than the last. Fucking sweet.