"I-I just um," He fumbled for words but couldn't seem to find any in his subtly flustered state

"I get it," I began, saving him from the embarrassment, "If you think it'll help, you can go in first and talk to him before I do, but I'll be listening."

He perked up just a bit, nodding, "Thank you."

I nodded back.

"Do whatever you see fit."

"Can I untie him?" He asked carefully.

I thought for a moment.

"You can try."

I managed to get both his binds pretty tight in the heat of the moment.

Marcus might be able to manage the belt but I'm not too sure about the tie.

I even debated gagging him but decided no one could hear him if he tried to scream anyways.

"Okay," Marcus agreed before I stopped him in front of a door.

This floor had various vacant rooms of differing sizes, so I just put Carlo in the smallest and farthest away from Khloe that I could find.

I pulled the master key from my pocket and handed it to Marcus.

He eyed it warily before taking it and placing it into the door.

He hesitated for a moment, dragging in a deep breath before he turned the key and the lock clicked.

His heart was practically racing at this point, pulling the key from the door before giving it back to me.

I could even begin to hear the panicking heartbeat on the other side of the door at the sound of the door unlocking.

I pocketed the key, stepping back a bit before Marcus opened up the door.

The minimal light that both this hallway and the room he was in would be enough for Carlo to not spot me right away.

But if my hunch about these two was indeed correct, his focus would all be in Marcus anyways.

I peered in as the door opened fully, Carlo sitting almost exactly how I left him.

He sat still against the back wall, a surprisingly brave look on his face despite what workings of his body was already telling me.

I could barely see the slight trembling in his arms, showing the discomfort the binds were causing him.

Good.

Friend to Marcus or not, the shit he pulled still didn't fly with me.

My previous fact was proven the moment the two of them actually spotted each other, both of them loosening up in some sort of strange relief.

"Marcus?" His tone matched Marcus' worry from earlier.

Marcus began to say something, but something came over him and he resorted to walking quickly over to him and kneel at his side

"Lean forward," Marcus whispered, apparently eager to untie him before anything else.

Carlo listened but not without a couple questions of his own.

"What are you doing? Why are you here?" He asked, his worry showing outwardly ever so slightly.

"I'm trying to help you not get killed, dumbass," Marcus responded as he successfully undid one of the knots from the belt.

Impressive.

Carlo decided to stay quiet as Marcus worked at the belt, doing nothing except staring at him with a remorseful, almost regretful look in his eye.