I'm not okay | Child! Reader

Start from the beginning

He cries harder for a moment and I kinda regret asking him about that. "H-He said my drawing was s-stupid because I didn't know how to draw a-and dogs aren't part of your family and th-then he ruined it wiping black paint on my drawing- I told him it wasn't stupid a-and-" The story is never finished since he starts sobbing again; one of the girls rubs his back.

It makes me angry. Why'd anyone do this? I bet the kid's drawing was the stupid one and he was jealous because the other was more beautiful! And he probably doesn't have any dog because of what he said. "Who did it?" Whoever did this will be needing more than an ice bag later.

~

"I still can't believe you got detention! Do you understand how much you must've lost in two days just because you punched that boy, (y/n)?" Mom has her eyebrows furrowed and lips pursed like whenever I do something that exceeds the limits. Her eyes don't remain on me for long, though, she needs to look at the road again.

Even after... four, yeah, four days since I got suspended, mom continues scolding me because of what I did. I'm happy she understands the reason I punched Jem and Katie, but also angry because she considers me being absent in school a bigger issue than a boy offending me plus other kids. C'mon!

It's a kind of relief walking in the school and, by the comments and looks I received, now the others seem to know better rather than offending other people and specifically the three. On the other hand, one of the worst things was how almost everyone who worked at the school was treating me - Mrs. Hamilton greeted me with a face I couldn't quite read, along with a comment about how I should stop getting in trouble like this. I'd be bothered if it was the first time this happened.

"Hello, (y/n)! Are you feeling better?" Mrs. Harvey asked seeing me walking by her when heading to lunch - she was hurried as always, but answered with a great when I affirmed her question.

Soon, I'm walking in the cafeteria and one of the girls from the nurse's office comes to talk with me as I'm still looking for a table to sit in. She seems slightly younger than me and I wonder what grade is she in.

"Hi, (y/n), right?" Her smiles widens once I nod, observing her. "Wanna sit with us for lunch?" She points to a place where the other girl sits along with the boy. They look away when I look at them, going back to talking with each other - he does look like the two, I guess they're siblings.

"Sure." I answer shortly with a shrug, following her to the table where the other two are. They smile as soon as I sit down on one of the free chairs.

"I didn't see you since Wednesday, what happened?" The girl who had been here previously asks, with a confused face.

"I got detention." I press my lips together, turning to the boy. "I punched Jeremy because of what he did to you. Are you feeling better?" The three seem surprised with what I said and I can't determine why, I watch their widened eyes and his red cheeks without really knowing what to do. He hesitantly nods, taking a bite of his food as averting his eyes from mine. "What are your names?"

"I'm Lily, this is Cherry," Lily points to the other girl, who waves lightly, "and that's Miles." He glances at me quickly, but I'm more focused into trying to memorize which one of the girls is which according to their differences, concluding my thought with a nod. "Which grade are you in?" She asks and we engage in a conversation that lasts until the end of the break then continues when we meet again in the end of the class.

It's about a week lather that the three - that I found out to really be siblings - asked me to go sleep over at their place. I told mom and she wanted to talk with their parents first, so I gave Lily mom's number. Mom dropped us at their place after school in the next day, aka today. Now, we're walking towards the front door of their place while I nervously walk a few steps behind them, curiously observing the nice place.