Chapter 13 Part 2

Ziva Pov

I'm tidying Little Lorie's room, but my thoughts are elsewhere. It's been a few days since I met Dorothy and the event in the library. Peter's been colder and more distant as if he regretted getting close to me.

It makes me sad just thinking about it. I don't understand his behavior. With him it's always either hot or cold, there's no middle ground.

I sigh to myself and continue tidying Lorie's scary stuffed animals. Looking at a rabbit with an extra head my mind began to wonder. Who bought her all these weird toys? Her father? I've never met him, but apparently, he has peculiar tastes ...

As I continue mulling things over I feel small hands grip my waist. I let out a small squeak as I didn't even hear her come in. Seriously do they have to be so quiet? Looking down at the little pink haired girl, I couldn't help but give a weary smile.

"Lorie, how was your day?"

Lorie - " Same as usual! The classes are really boring ... I want to play!"

Her eyes quickly brightens as she sees her tidied room. Nearly wrenching my arm out of its socket from her eagerness, she pulls me down to the floor. She's so strong.

Just looking at her, I wonder how Lorie became a vampire ...Was she born this way? Or was she transformed when she was small?

She put a prince doll with no eyes and one leg in my hand. He has almost no hair. A sad mouth drawn on his face. Doesn't she have any toys that are cute or, at least, that don't make me want to run away?

She chooses a pretty princess, with long red hair and an adorable pink dress. She has her arms, her eyes, and even her legs! (whew, all is not lost!)

A smile quickly draws on Lorie's face.

Lorie - "So she's me!"

She shows me her pretty doll with a happy face. She's really cute when she smiles. Then she points to my disabled Ken. Her demeanor changing as she looks at the toy with dissatisfaction.

Lorie - "And he's James, the boy who's bothering me at school. We're going to play the hanging game."

We give each other a smile. I've gotten used to her gloomy little games. Her boundless imagination even amuses me sometimes. I hold back from laughing, these things with her always seem to have some sort of twist. She moves her doll towards mine and points an accusing finger at my poor one-legged prince.

Lorie -"Prince James, you have committed unforgivable crimes against Princess Lorie!"

"Crimes, but I didn't do anything! Oh beautiful and majestic Princess Lorie!"

I put him on his knees in a begging position. I know that she likes to use all of her authority. Rather the doll than me.

Lorie - " You've been making fun of me in front of the whole court. That's a crime of high treason!"

I smile slyly, with a rather nasty desire to embarrass the little girl.

"But Princess, I only did it to get your attention!"

Lorie - "Why do you want to get my attention, you treacherous little prince?"

"Because I love you, Princess Lorie!"

The little girl drops her doll, her cheeks all red and her mouth half open. She's so cute when she reacts like a child!

Somewhere deep in the back of my mind I know it isn't very kind. But... I must confess that I only did it to see her anxious, and it's not really what I'm paid for ...