4

Chapter Four| Eden

I open my eyes and frown when I feel myself wedged between the back of the sofa and Theo's chest.

Theo's bare chest!

His muscly arms are wrapped around me tightly and I can see his legs basically hanging off the end of the sofa. I take a moment to look at his peaceful face, his dark long lashes rest on his defined cheekbones and his pink, plump lips are pouted.

I smile at his messy bed hair, his curls falling against his forehead. A small moan leaves his lips and then his eyes flutter open, revealing their unique red colour.

"Hi." He greets, his voice heavy with sleep. He tightens his arms around me and snuggles his face in the crook of my neck. "So warm." He mumbles, I shiver when I feel his lips skimming my neck.

"Theodore, I need to get up." He whines and a small gasp escapes my lips when he throws one of his legs over my waist, stopping me from moving. "Theo!"

"No, stay." He pulls his head back and pouts. "Please."

I close my eyes and shake my head. "I need to get up Theo, it's-" I take a look at the clock and gasp when I see that it is twelve in the afternoon. "- we've been asleep the whole morning!" I throw his heavy leg off of me and get up from the sofa.

"Eden." He whines again and I look down to see him staring at me with sad eyes. "Cuddle." I feel the butterflies again in my stomach but choose to ignore it.

"Theodore, I need to get ready for work" He stands up from the sofa and looks down at me.

"I'm going with you." He nods and straightens his back. "Keep you safe." I look up at him in shock.

Since when did he start acting like this.

"Theo, I think you should stay here." He frowns and shakes his head.

"No." I sigh and give him a tight lipped smile.

"Okay, get ready then."

•••

"He's here again." Lia sighs as I walk out of the staff room.

"He insisted he comes here." I sigh, she nods her head and smiles.

"Why does he wear sunglasses indoors?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"Sensitive eyes." Is the first thing that I can think off. Lia gives me an odd look but doesn't question it any further.

"Do you like him?"

"Well obviously." I state, whilst pricing some jeans.

"No, do you like, like him?" She raises her eyebrows and my eyes widen.

"Gosh no." I don't sound too convincing and clearly Lia picks up on that.

"He's clearly attracted to you, Eden." She shrugs. "It's only a matter of time." She winks and then walks off, leaving me to my own thoughts.

As the day goes on, I can't stop thinking about Theo.

"I can close up later on tonight, you should go home, you look tired." Lia comes up to me and rubs my back.

"Are you sure?"

She nods her head. "Go flirt with lover boy." I roll my eyes and go and get Theo.

When I walk into the staff room, I see Theo sat on the sofa watching tv. His eyes brighten when he sees me walk in, he quickly stands up and makes his way towards me. "Hi." He grins and I can't help but smile back at him.

"Lia said she would close up. Did you want to go and get something to eat?" He nods his head.

"Sandwich?" I laugh at his obsession with sandwiches.

"How about we go and get pizza?" He tilts his head and furrows his eyebrows. "You'll love it." He takes a while to think about it but eventually nods his head.

When we arrive at the restaurant, Theodore keeps his body as close to mine. He starts to get agitated by the stares, so I ask the waiter if he could give us a booth away from everyone.

The blonde haired man hands us both menus and winks at me before leaving.

"It's okay." I smile at Theo, who looks down at the menu.

"Can I take these off?" He points at the sunglasses and I take a second to think.

We could just say they are contact lenses if someone asks.

"S-Sure." I give him a tight lipped smile.

He frowns. "You don't want me to, it's okay."

"I just don't want people to judge and make you feel uncomfortable." I tell him and he nods.

"Are you ready to order?" The waiter comes back and asks, he keeps his eyes on me and ignores Theodore.

I order us both a pepperoni pizza, I can tell Theo doesn't like the guy.

"You okay?" I reach forward and touch his hand. He turns it over so his palm is facing up and then wraps his fingers around mine.

"Yes." He squeezes my hand and then pulls away.

Ten minutes later the waiter comes over with our pizza. "You're very beautiful." He tells me and I look at him in shock and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Erm..thanks?" I give him an awkward smile.

"Is this your boyfriend?" He looks at Theo, who is glaring at the guy.

"No, just a friend." I shake my head and I watch the waiter's face brighten.

"I'd love to take you out for food, sometime." I look at Theo and see him clenching his hand into a fist.

"I have a really busy schedule." I give him an apologetic look.

"Let me give you my number and you can call me, yeah?" I nod and he writes his number on a napkin, then leaves us to it.

•••

Theo hasn't said a word to me, since my interaction with the waiter. We've been home for a few hours and not one word has come out of his mouth.

"Theo?" I whisper and stare at him as he sits on the sofa, staring at the blank tv screen in front of him. He's stripped down to his boxers, ready to go to bed, I gulp when I see the large bulge underneath the material of his black boxers.

"I didn't like that man." He mumbles and finally looks up at me.

I hesitantly take a seat next to him. "Why?" I question.

"You'll forget about me." My heart breaks at his confession.

"I'm not going to forget about you Theo and I'm not even interested in him, I just took his number to be polite." I gently laugh at him

Theo continues to pout at me. "Cuddle now?"

"Theo, I need to go to bed." I stand up and his face falls. He lays down and turns his back to me. "Night." I whisper and stroke his hair.

I make my way up the stairs and get into bed. After about twenty minutes I hear the door open and close, then I feel the bed dip.

"Cuddle." I feel Theo wrap his arms around me and bury his head in the crook of my neck.

I sigh to myself.

What am I going to do with this guy?

A/N
What would you like to see happen in this book? Thank you for reading, this book now has 4,000 reads 💗