"So you did decide to come to New Orleans after all." Klaus pointed out with a smile as he entered the room with Elijah, the witches standing behind Kristina. He didn't think the wolf would come to find him this quickly.

"Klaus." The brunette breathed as her head whipped round. There he was, standing in front of her for the first time since Mystic Falls with his sandy blonde hair and soft smile but still keeping the tough exterior. "It's good to see you again."

"I'd say the same about you love but brother what is this. You said you knew who was conspiring against me and you bring me to some crypt with nothing but witches. Also let's address the matter of Kristina's presence." He turned slowly to face Kristina with an amused expression "Unless you decided to take up my offer."

"Niklaus, Kristina is pregnant." Elijah said, avoiding confusion and getting straight to the point. "Not only is she pregnant but she is carrying your child."

The hybrids face dropped, his tone of disbelief suddenly going silent as he stared at his brother. Just like Kristina, Klaus didn't think it were possible. His immediate thought was to assume he was lying, rage suddenly filling in the pit of his stomach. "You're lying. It's impossible."

"I said the same thing myself." Elijah admitted.

"This is a lie. You're all lying." Klaus spat pointing at the witches in the room. "Vampires cannot procreate."

"But werewolves can." Sophie added. Magic made you a vampire but you were born a werewolf. You're the original hybrid, the first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of nature's loop holes."

"It's true, Klaus. I wasn't sure at first but it's true. I wouldn't be here if it weren't."

Klaus' eyes were glossy, them slowly starting to fill with tears. He didn't want to admit it to be true. No matter how much he cared for Kristina he couldn't allow himself to forget the possibility of putting her in harms way. Especially after what he did to Kahianna. That guilt had eaten away at him for years and even to this day he still lives regret. Certainly he wasn't about to live through that again with Kristina.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us. We can keep them safe, or we can kill them. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me Kristina won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

"Hold on what?" Kristina exclaimed with wide eyes.

Hayley stood in front of Kristina protectively "There's no way you're touching my sister, witch."

"Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself." Elijah proclaimed as Klaus paced slowly.

"No we can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow and there are rules.

"How dare you." Klaus seethed "Commanding me, threatening me! Lets not forget your claims to kill Kristina which I will not stand for. You wrongfully perceived this to my weakness. This is a pathetic deception. I won't hear anymore of this."

"Niklaus." Elijah called out causing the hybrid to stop in his tracks and turn to his brother. "Listen."

Klaus twisted his head slowly to the werewolf standing behind him. The brunette was clutching at her stomach, a form of comfort she so quickly found herself doing. Of course it was scary to believe that she could be having a child, especially now in their situation. But she was going to protect her child no matter what it cost. The hybrid looked into Kristina's eyes briefly, seeing the terror she felt before his eyes travelled down to her stomach and he listened ever so carefully. It was a heartbeat. A tiny heartbeat that pitter pattered every second. Kristina could see how much he wanted this, how much he needed this. But it wasn't as easy as that. So he quickly changed his expression.