Chapter 10

"Tikki, Sugarcube...are you awake?" Plagg called softly from just inside the skylight. A bleary eyed Tikki floated her way up to him.

"Do I look like I'm awake? It's almost three in the morning, what are you doing here?" Plagg indicated for her to follow him outside. Going over to where he had left the bag he opened it to show her the contents. Tikki stared in stunned silence before finding her voice again.

"Are they real?" She asked, Plagg nodded. "But how did you get them? Where are they from?" Plagg hesitated and Tikki narrowed her eyes at him. It wasn't like Plagg to act cagey.

"I...I can't tell you Sugarcube."

"Don't you go Sugarcubing me!" She huffed folding her arms. "You can't just turn up here in the middle of the night with the two missing Miraculous and not say anything about how you found them!" Plagg pinned his ear down onto his head as his counterpart lambasted him. He sighed heavily. He was never one to keep secrets from Tikki. Like their chosen, they were two sides of one whole.

"Look, if I tell you, promise you won't say anything to Marinette." Tikki shook her head in disbelief.

"But Plagg, Marinette is the Guardian. She has a right to know who Hawk Moth was and how you got a hold of these."  Plagg looked at her with sad eyes.

"Please Tikki, for my Kitten's sake." He pleaded. Tikki's eyes widened and her mouth fell slightly open. An understanding passed between their eyes.

"Go on Plagg, I'm listening."

Plagg retold to Tikki the whole story as Felix had told him. Tikki sat silent, huddled next to him as the snow again began to lightly come down. She couldn't believe how the real culprit had been under their noses the whole time and that it took someone like Felix to find everyone out in just a few days.

"So Felix is willing to keep quiet for the sake of this family heirloom ring? Can we really trust him?" She asked, still trying to decide the best course of action from here.

"He did give me the Miraculous." He answered, sounding hopeful. "I mean, he could have kept it for himself."

"That's true." Tikki agreed. "And it seems like Nathalie won't be saying anything, but is Mr Agreste really going to believe he just threw them away in a drunken stupor?" Plagg shrugged.

"I've seen people do worse when they are drunk. I just hope when Adrien turns 18 he won't try running over rooftops when he's had a few too many, I almost lost one of my kittens when he tried to do that." Tikki looked at him confused.

"But even if he had fallen, the transformation would have protected him." Plagg gave her a toothy grin.

"I never said he was transformed at the time." The two kwamis collapsed against each other in laughter. She remembered that Chat Noir well. He was quite the rogue, but had a heart of gold.

"What's so funny out here?" Marinette poked her head out of the skylight, a blanket wrapped around her. "Plagg, it's freezing. Come inside and tell me what's going on." Plagg gathered up his bag and followed Marinette and Tikki into the room. Marinette turned on a small soft light so she could see Plagg better in the dark. "Plagg what are you doing here? Does Adrien know your out?" Plagg turned on the kitten eyes and sweet voice.

"I was just out for a late night stroll to see my Sugarcube when my nose led me to detect something that had been discarded." He said, dripping in so much sweetness Marinette was immediately suspicious. Once she looked in the bag though, all questions of the lateness of the hour vanished.

"Plagg, where did you find these?" The cat Kwami gave her his best Chat Noir grin. "In a bin." He said flatly. Tikki glared at him. Out of everything he could have said, why would anybody believe that!