🤍Sane Sycophant🤍

Start from the beginning

"𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞."

You frowned, "𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭. 𝐈 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟."

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧, (𝐋/𝐧)."

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡. 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐢𝐭."

The Japanese Oyabun stepped closer, distantly standing by your side. Today marked the second-monthiversary of Ace's death. When he received your call, he already anticipated the emotional uneasiness you'd endured in your solitude.

Why he traveled three hours in the middle of the night to soothe you, was unknown. It'd become second nature at this point for him to drop everything and come to your apparent rescue. Not that he ever expected to receive anything in return for his efforts, but the dissociation between you and his work life greatly mended the personal relationship between you both.

A trivial sacrifice when he's succeeded in gaining your trust. But have you received his?

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟𝐟?"

You nodded, "𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭. 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐜𝐞."

"𝐈 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡. 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲?"

"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞."

"𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐈'𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧."

"𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥."

"𝐇𝐦?"

You smiled, "𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬."

"𝐎𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞." He slightly bowed towards the glass box and waved in your direction. "𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞."

Chisaki left the large bedroom. From the edge of the balcony, you watched as he climbed into the limousine driver's seat and drove off into the distance.

A faint red tint crept onto your cheeks.

'...Overhaul...'

A mellow voice called out from behind.

"(𝐇/𝐧)."

The aching pain in your chest dropped.

'No...'

"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

You clenched your fist as you turned to face the mystery figure. "𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐫?"

"...𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠."

"𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐰-𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐈'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞."