𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.

Giselle rested her back against Gino's headboard, she picked at her nails.

"He keep saying he a bad influence but he ain't influenced me to do shit. I got a mind of my own and I'm tired of everybody acting like I'm a follower," Gino vented, he was not in the best headspace at the moment.

Gino wasn't cutting off Romeo for anybody. He didn't care who liked him, that's been his friend for some time. He was like a brother to him. Why would he let a few critics determine his friendship?

"Well you are the company you keep," Giselle shrugged her shoulders. "I know you not out here doing the shit he's doing but look at it like this, let's say you out with him and some shit pop off. If you with him, you a target. You might not be doing the shit but you associated with him so it's the same shit Gino,"

"You right and he did some unspeakable shit but I tell you everything, so," he breathed out deeply and she raised an eyebrow. "He uh, killed that girl at the Citgo."

"Oh," the word felt so dry leaving her mouth.

Giselle coughed, she remembered how dark his aura was yesterday. She knew something bad had happened but not this bad. She didn't like Romeo one bit and this was the cherry on top.

"They looking for him too. The family is pissed and if the police don't get 'em, somebody else will," Gino's heart was heavy, he could potentially lose his best friend.

"Well I hope they catch him," Giselle said not caring about how Gino would feel.

"The fuck, why would you say some shit like that for?" He turned to her with his face scrunched up.

"That girl is dead, if it was Khari he shot you'd be ready to kill him yourself. If you were a real friend you know that's what's best for him. Mistake or not he took a life, quit being so damn selfish Gino," She rolled her eyes and scooted away from him.

"You see how people get treated in jail? No comfortable beds, they treat them niggas like animals and that ain't even good treatment for the animals,"

"He's a murderer Gino," Giselle spoke in a nonchalant manner. "Change the subject bruh, this shit feels like talking to a brick wall."

"What's going on with you?" He turned to her and looked into her dark brown eyes.

He'd been studying them, they were dull and usually they had a sparkle to them.

Giselle breathed out not knowing where to start. Her day wasn't the best. Her mom wasn't trying to understand her, she'd downplay all her beliefs with ease.

"It's momma, she just has this fucking idea that I'm scziophrenic and I need help. All this bullshit, I been going to therapy for what? I don't know. But I hate it, sometimes I wish I was just this normal girl,"

"It's like I can't be seen as anything but crazy. Nobody wants to hear my thoughts on the world, I talk to spirits so I have a mental disorder, I read tarot so that means I do witchcraft. Everything I do irritates her," Giselle poked her cheek with her tongue trying to stop from crying.

"I won't ever be good enough in her eyes,"

"Giselle don't do that. You are one of the smartest girls I done met. You do shit that makes you happy. It don't make you crazy and I know I joke witchu but I think what you doing is brave," Gino grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes.

"Yo' mama just blind. She scared cause she don't understand. Just try and talk to her, maybe have Uncle Tone there too. I think he gets it better than she does," he advised her. "Now quit crying, you too pretty fa allat,"