"I speak English, but I don't speak Sean." Kaycee joked, pulling her lips into a smile; Sean didn't flinch, the tension in the vehicle was continuing to grow by the second. She exhaled, "But come on, we both know you wanted me to read between the lines on that one."

Sean snorted, throwing up his index, middle, and ring fingers in Kaycee's direction. "Then here's some practice, read between these lines."

"Sean!" Kaycee gasped, slapping his hand down. She studied him momentarily, searching his face for any emotion she could read, but there was nothing.

She sighed, "Why do you seem upset that Jack and I got back together?"

Sean flicked his left turn signal on, waiting for a break in traffic so he could turn into the studio parking lot. "I want you to think about what you just said." He rotated the wheel counter-clockwise and lurched the truck forward into the parking lot of Tim's studio.

Kaycee threw her hands in the air in exasperation. "What's your problem? Are you jealous? I can't deal with you and Jack-"

Sean aggressively jerked the truck into park and yanked the keys out of the ignition. He reached behind his seat and pulled his bag into his lap, then pushed his door open with his foot and exited. Kaycee had barely processed his actions when she realized he was already almost in the building. She opened her door quickly, throwing her bag over her shoulder and shut the door quietly, following Sean's path into the building.

She pushed open the studio doors and saw Sean, already in the back and stretching, Bailey by his side. Bailey made eye contact with her and nodded her head in Sean's direction discreetly, her face contorted in confusion. Kaycee walked over to the two slowly, shrugging her shoulders at Bailey nonchalantly.

The two girls talked amongst themselves while the boy next to them seethed silently. Jack entered the studio a few minutes later, spotting Kaycee immediately and waltzing over. Sean took this as his opportunity to plug his headphones in and get himself in the right mentality for class, ignoring the three people socializing next to him.

"What's up with him?" Jack asked, pointing to a particularly disoriented Sean on the floor.

Bailey bobbed her head in agreement. "He ran in here like something was chasing him, barely even said hi to me. That's so not like him."

Kaycee swallowed the lump in her throat. "He was like that when he picked me up, we didn't talk much the entire drive." She lied.

Bailey scrunched up her face, her brows furrowed deeply. "He drove you here and didn't walk in with you? Something must've really pissed him off."

"Let's stretch." Kaycee interjected, not wanting to talk about Sean anymore at that moment.

The remaining three fell into an easy conversation while they warmed up, but Kaycee couldn't help but concentrate on the black-haired boy a few feet to her left. His eyes were narrowed at the floor in front of him, and his lips moved as he counted to himself silently. She couldn't understand why he was so upset with her. He always told her that he wouldn't allow himself to get in between her and Jack, but that seemed to be exactly what he was doing right now.

****

The dancers were halfway through learning the Not Today combination when Jojo threw them all a curveball.

"I want to try something a little different, I'm going to pair some of you with a partner." She started, running her gaze through the group of dancers in front of you. "If I don't pair you with someone, just keep practicing this as a solo, it's not an insult."