Ten

Sean woke up a mere four hours after he'd fallen asleep, the light from the sunrise slipping through the sheer curtains in the common area and casting rays into his eyes. He turned his face into the couch cushion and adjusted his body so he was lying on his side instead of his back. He was just about to fall back asleep when he heard someone groan in protest.

Sean instantly shot awake, turning his body back toward the source of the noise. That's when he saw the curly-haired brunette curled up on her side at the opposite end of the couch, one of her legs folded underneath her and the other laid straight. He'd figured that before he moved, their legs had been tangled together, which caused her to be jolted around.

Sean sighed deeply, weighing his options; if he were to get up, he'd avoid any awkward confrontation with anyone who comes out of their rooms, but he'd risk waking Kaycee up and making the situation more awkward than it already could be. If he stayed in place he'd eventually have to face Kaycee in this situation anyway, so he figured it would be best if he at least tried to move.

Sean slowly sat up on the couch and lifted his legs swiftly over Kaycee's and placed them on the floor. He cautiously pushed himself up onto his feet, trying not to put too much pressure on the couch cushions so she wouldn't be moved around again. He shuffled forward a few steps before looking behind him to see if Kaycee had stirred, which he saw that she hadn't.

He picked up the popcorn bowl from the coffee table as well as the water glasses that rested on coasters. He sauntered over to the sink and placed the glasses and the bowl in the sink, reminding himself to clean them later.

Sean took one final look behind him at the small brunette on the couch, making sure she he hadn't woken her before quietly opening the door to the room he shared with the two girls. He stepped inside of the dark room, using only the light of his phone to guide him to his own bed. Tahani lay sprawled out on her mattress, her hair fanned out on the pillow, her mouth slightly agape in deep sleep. She hadn't left any room for Kaycee anyway, so she could claim that Tahani's bed-hog tendencies were the reason she slept on the couch if anyone were to ask.

The real reason, however, were the reruns of Friends Kaycee had chosen. After another hour of silently watching the tide roll in and out, Sean figured they should head inside. It was one in the morning, after all, the family had things planned for tomorrow. He'd managed to shake Kaycee out of her semi-slumber and lead her back inside of the resort, but she had insisted that she wasn't tired yet.

"Sean can we please watch something? I'm not ready to go to sleep yet." Kaycee whined, pulling on Sean's arm so he'd sit next to her on the couch.

Sean threw his head back in exhaustion, "Kayc, I'm going to bed. You can watch whatever you want, but by yourself."

"You said you'd do anything for me." She pressed her bottom lip out in a pout, "Please, Sean. I want you here with me."

Sean stared at his ceiling, smiling giddily at that memory. I want you here with me. He couldn't say no to her after that, and she knew she had trapped him. He did end up letting her pick what they watched, knowing that if she chose anything they'd seen before, she'd fall asleep in minutes. As soon as Sean heard the Friends theme song echo throughout the otherwise silent room, he too, felt a wave of exhaustion wash over him.

That was the last thing he remembered, he knew he didn't even make it through the first episode. He figured Kaycee hadn't either, she was falling asleep on his shoulder on the beach, both of which must've been cold and uncomfortable.

His thoughts were interrupted by the bedroom door opening and closing quietly, Kaycee stepping inside. She used her phone, as well, to maneuver around her surroundings, and upon seeing Tahani taking up the entirety of her bed, she sighed. She turned to see Sean lying on his own bed, looking up at her lazily. He quickly fluttered his eyes shut, hoping she wouldn't have noticed.