Ch 6

Lucy pov

Natsu and I walked all the way to the guild and up to Master's office. He lets me in first then he follows behind me only for master to swat him hard over the head startling me. "YOU BRAT YOU OWE ME A NEW OFFICE DOOR!" "Ow!" Natsu says rubbing his head over and over. I see Warren sat on the floor with massive knot on his forehead and Gray and Erza with tsk marks on the foreheads glaring at Natsu and Gajeel stood against a wall watching us all with his arms crossed. "What.. is going on?" Master drops his scowl and returns to a serious posture. "Lucy, please have a seat." I unfold my arms and see everyone has a serious situation look on their face and it makes me worry. I feel Natsu behind me and wrap his arms around me. "Um, I'll just stand here if that works." "That is fine. Natsu you ran out of the room so fast you didn't give us a chance to tell you what Warren found." "I know. I'm sorry, I had to get to Lucy. I couldn't take the time to explain. I had to get to her as fast as I could. The last thing he said to me before I woke up was that I 'shouldn't have left her alone.'" I look up at Natsu and he just looks down at me scared. What the hell is going on?

"Can someone please just explain to me what's happening?? Who told you you should't have left me alone? Why is everyone congregated in Masters office? What's going on?!?" I shout a little louder than necessary. "Lucy.. I wasn't.. completely honest with you last night." I turn myself to look up at him. "Oh?" He looks at me with disappointment in himself. "I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to worry you and I wanted to know for sure before I told you anything." "Tell me what?" Warren spoke up first, "Someone is trying to take you away from Natsu, Lucy." I turn to look at him. "Natsu came to me and Master asking if we could help figure out if the dreams he's been having lately were just dreams, or if someone was really reaching out through telepathy.  Which by the way," 

He directs at Natsu, "Someone is. That wasn't just a dream. Someone was using some strong telepathy magic to tap into your mind as you slept. I wouldn't be surprised if they could do it while you were awake as well." I feel Natsu grip me tighter and a low growl erupt from him, "Could you recognize the voice at all? Or see anything I couldn't?" "My telepathy doesn't allow me to see. Only listen and communicate. The voice wasn't familiar to me though, I'm sorry." "It was to me." Gajeel spoke up for the first time since we walked in here. "What?" Natsu asks threateningly. "Natsu calm down." I try to coax him. "Are you serious?? I'm not gonna calm down. Someone is trying to take you from me. Sever our bond! I won't take that lightly!" He didn't even look at me when he said it. 

"It sounded like another slayer." Gajeel responded, "It had to be. Very few people know about slayers and marking and mating. What happens and how it works. This guy did. It didn't sound like any of the other slayers we know. There's only one other slayer that I at least know of, but I thought he was killed by his dragon." "WHO??" "Acnologia's  dragon slayer. I heard rumors way way back when that he trained one in case anything happened to him. This dude could take over in the event of Acnologia biting the big one. But since Acnologia was practically unstoppable he killed him seeing no point in having him around." "Why would he have trained a dragon slayer?? He hated dragon slayers and dragons." Natsu retorted. "How the hell should I know what that psychopaths plans were and why?? These were just rumors I'd heard. I believe this guy is a slayer, and he's not one we know, so that has to be him. My guess? He's pissed we, I mean YOU, killed Acnologia, and is planning to do what he knows is gonna mess you up most. Take your mate." 

"That'll never happen." He hugs me tight and I lean into his chest. "What do we do in the mean time?" I ask, my voice thick with fear. "I'll talk with the magic council and alert them of our suspicions. Gajeel, I'll ask that you come with me. In that time Natsu?" We both look to Master. "Take her somewhere safe and secluded. Also," He reaches into the cabinet behind him, "Take these." Natsu reaches out to take what Master offered. "What are these?" "They're dream blockers. Both of you take one each before going to sleep. It'll prevent you from dreaming and hopefully keep whoever this person is from reaching out to either of you. We'll figure this out." Natsu nods and leads me out of Master's office to my apartment to pack.