Chapter 11

Skykit padded up to her mother. Lifting her chin she said " I want to be a medicine cat !!" Cinderfern smiled at licked the she kits head. "What herbs do you know." Skykit fluffed her tail " Watermint, Horsetail, Borage,Catmint, Tansy, Parsley, Juniper, Poppy, Marigold, Cobwebs..." the list went on. Cinderfern stared at her. "Did you learn that from Juniperwhisker?" Cinderfern meowed. "No. " Skykit replied. Cinderfern's eyes widened. "Are you sure?" "yep" Skykit huffed. " Follow me" Cinderfern padded out of the Nursery with Skykit bouncing behind her. "Juniperwhisker listen to this" the medicine cat rounded the corner and say down. Cinderfern turned to Skykit. "Tell her what you told me" Skykit shrugged and meowed " I want to be a medicine cat." Juineperwhisker chuckled. "Do you now?" Skykit nodded. Cinderfern shook her head. " Now tell her what you know" She meowed impatiently. Skykit sighed and repeated her list of herbs. By the end, Juniperwhisker was staring at the hound she kit. "Did you tell her that" Cinderfern asked. The medicine cat shook her head. " She has a gift" The medicine cat meowed softly. "So, can I be a medicine cat or not?" Skykit huffed. " As soon as your six moons" Juineperwhisker promised. Skykit squealed happily and ran around in circles. Smiling, Cinderfern lead her exciting kit away.

• • •

Cinderfern watched from the bus wry as Tawnystar called a clan meeting. "Featherkit, Songkit, Sproutkit, and Thornkit step forward. " Finchfeather's kits sat at the base of the high rock. "Do you promise to uphold the...." Cinderfern looked down at her kits, who were tussling. Giving a short hiss, she told them to pay attention. Rainkit frowned and sat down unhappily. Bravekit Found his way into the crowed with his brothers. Rolling her eyes, Cinderfern turned her attention back to Tawnystar. " Featherpaw, your mentor will be Dryweeds, Songpaw, Tigerstreak, Thornpaw, Breezesong, and Sproutpaw, your mentor will be frozenbreath. May starclan guide you all. Cinderfern cheered for the new apprentices. She looked at them each in turn. Thornpaw was eyeing Breezesong shyly. "Hmmmm" Cinderfern thought. Bravekit was congratulating Songpaw. They were best friends. "Young love" Cinderfern purred, and called her kits into the nursery, Bravekit saying his last Good bye's to Songpaw.

This was short too. Srry guys. If you can't tell, I have been busy and am limited with my chapters. Srry agian.