Chapter 5

Cinderpaw looked up as she heard yowls. Cats were on the cliff, looking for a way down. She recognized her brother, Seedpaw. Cinderpaw gasped when he slipped, but Juineperwhisker caught him by the scruff. A loud screech sounded from Seedpaw. "Over here" Cinderpaw could barely make out the words as a cat she recognized as Owltalon found a path down to the ledge where Cinderpaw lay bleeding. "Hurry" she whispered as she began to loose consciousness. The last thing she saw was Minnowscale and Seedpaw standing over her.

• • •

Cinderpaw awoke, her head spinning. Then she remembered what happened. The app. Looked around and saw Juineperwhisker sorting herbs and Minnowscale curled up next to Cinderpaw. I must be back in camp she thought. She looked herself over. She had a leaf wrap over her leg, poultice smeared all over her, and cobwebs wrapped around her head. Juineperwhisker turned around and nearly jumped out of her pelt when she saw Cinderpaw awake. "Your alive!" She exclaimed. "Why wouldn't I be" Cinderpaw asked,tilting her head. "W-we thought you were not going to make it" the medicine cat replied. Minnowscale shifted in her sleep and Cinderpaw dropped her voice to a whisper. "What's wrong with me?" Juineperwhisker's paws shuffled "you have a broken leg, a sprained paw, cuts all over you, and a head injury" she said. Cinderpaw gasped, horrified. "I won't be a warrior, will I?" They young app. said sadly. Juineperwhisker looked confused "why wouldn't you be, all this will heal" Cinderpaw looked up "really?" "Really." The medicine cat replied. Cinderpaw smiled. The Ivy screen shifted as Tigerpaw, another apprentice, rushed in. "Your awake" he exclaimed and dashed to Cinderpaw's side. "Me and Breezepaw have been so worried, but mostly me" he said shyly twitching his ears embarrassed. Minnowscale twitched agian, hitting Tigerpaw in the face with her tail. Tigerpaw bounced away then returned. Cinderpaw yawned and Tigerpaw smiled. "I'll let you sleep" he meowed and started to pad away. "Wait!" Cinderpaw called. Tigerpaw turned around to face her. "You can sleep with me if you want" Cinderpaw said, her cheeks growing hot. Tigerpaw smiled and bounded over. He stretched out beside her and Cinderpaw realized that even though she ached all over, she had everything she wanted.