Bonding (Kite Tenjo X Fem! Reader)

Start from the beginning

     "Kite I haven't seen you out of your tower in forever!" Says a very loud and annoying voice.

     "Hi Yuma," I say turning to look at him.

     "What are you doing here?" Shark asks walking up from behind Yuma with Tori and Rio.

     "Yeah what are you doing here Kite?" Rio asks.

     "I'm looking after Kate for the weekend while (Y/N) is on a business trip."

     "Really where is she?" Tori asks looking around.

     "On the slide..." I say looking over only to not see her. "Wher-"

     "Boo!" Kate yells from behind Yuma scaring him.

     "Gah," Yuma screams falling over.

     Kate starts giggling like crazy coving her mouth with her hands like she's trying to hide her laughter.

     "Your going to pay for that Kate," Yuma say starting to chase her around the park, "Got ya," Yuma says picking he up and tickling her.

     "Stop uncle Yuma stop!" Kate says in-between laughs.

     "Don't worry aunt Rio will save you," Rio says taking Kate from Yuma.

     Shark, Rio, Yuma, and Tori continue to play with Kate as I sit on the bench. She looks so happy playing with them. I start to feel guilty for not spending any time with her over the past five years. I should spend more time with her I don't think she really trusts me either while she was at the tower she mostly just colored.

*******************************************

     Kate spent most the day playing with Yuma and his friends. Once we got home she went back to coloring.

     "Kate?"

     "Yes daddy?"

     "I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for never being in your life and that I want to try to be their for you more. I just had a really hard time getting back on my feet after your mother died. Honestly I don't know were I would be if it weren't for (Y/N), Yuma and the others. I promise that I'll try to be their for you more now if you want me to." I say crouching down in front of her.

     "Really?" Kate asks her eyes shining.

     "Yes. Now how about I help you get ready for bed and we go somewhere tomorrow just the two of us?

     "Ok, daddy," Kate says giving me a adorable smile.

********************************************

     I take Kate to Bungou restraint for lunch on our day together.

     "What would you like to eat Kate?" I ask.

     "Can I have the Gravity soup daddy?"

     "Yeah sweetie."

     I order the food and talk to Kate learning more about her.

     "Daddy I have to go pee-pee," Kate says about half way through out food.

     "Oh common then," I say taking Kate's hand and leading her toward the bathroom.

     "The ladies room is this way daddy," Kate says pulling my hand.

     "I can't go in their Kate but I don't want you out of my sight so just follow me ok"

     "Ok."

     I lead Kate to one of the stalls and open it for her.

     "Are you sure this is ok daddy?"

     "Yeah."

     "Are you absolutely positive?"

     "Yes I'm absolutely positive."

      Kate shuffles on her feet nervously, "Are you sure their might be monsters in their?"

     "How about I go in their with you and protect you from the monsters will that be ok?"

     "Mm Hm."

     I go into the stall with Kate so the 'monsters' don't hurt her.

     "Can you sing something daddy?"

     "Why?" I ask not really wanting to sing.

     "Aunt (Y/N) always sings to me when I go to the bath room it helps me," Kate says with a smile.

     "Oh alright," I say and start to sing softly as Kate goes to the bath room.

     "All done," Kate says flushing the toilet.

     I open the door to the stall Kate walking out behind me. I lift Kate up so she can wash her hand in the sink.

     Kate giggles and says, "thank you for helping me daddy."

     I can feel my heart melting at the adorable smile on her face. I give her a big hug wanting to never let her go.

****************************************

     (Y/N) Pov

     I hope Kate had a good time with Kite over the weekend. Mabey spending time with his daughter helped him to pull himself together. Sorry I haven't been able to get him to do much these past years Kayla I hope your doing all right where ever you are. I knock on the tower door and wait for someone to answer.

     "Hi (Y/N) Kite and Kate are watching a movie in the living room," Hart says opening the door, letting me in.

     I walk into the living room to find Kate curled up on Kite's lap as they watch The My Little Pony movie. They look so cute together. I stand in the door way to the living room not wanting to interupt the moment. After a bit Kite looks over and spots me in the door way. He picks up Kate and places her on the couch laying a blancket over top of her. He walks over to me with a remorsful expresion on her face.

     "(Y/N) I'm so sorry about never listening to you and never spending time with Kate could you please forgive me and help me to spend more time with her?"

     "I don't know why your apologizing to me but of course I forgive you as long as you spend more time with Kate that's all I've really wanted since Kayla died for you to spend more time with her."

     "Thank you," Kite says as he is on what look to be like the verge of tears.

     "For what?"

     "For helping me find myself again."

Hope you enjoyed!