Act 11: Roses do not hide from thorns. Diamonds do not hide from pressure

The days passed, the months passed, the years passed. The General Rose helped me to hide my lack of powers. And, because everyone had special powers except me, I trained harder, doing my best effort during the trainings, not letting everyone defeat me in the combat trainings. Besides my lack powers, I became the best Quartz soldier in the squadron. Of course Pink Pearl and Spinel helped me to train, launching me things to avoid or helping me to have more equilibrium. Pink Pearl also gave me a metal shield so I can practice my defense. Honestly I don't know where she got that shield. And Spinel showed to be a good friend to train, since her fluid and dynamic movements contrasts with the solid movements of a Quartz soldiers, which helped me to expect and devise in more ways to defeat my opponents.

One day, the General Rose wanted to show me the progress of the squadron. She also wanted me to give a speech to the squadron. Of course I said yes. My comrades made a great improvement since the first day I met. So, with the help of Pink Pearl and Spinel, I made a speech for them. Of course I told the General Rose that Shining Star will be in an special assignment so she won't be with us. She looked sad and asked me if I knew about that she can't generate shields.

-Of course I know nothing escape to me. But I don't care if she is an off-color or not, she probed to me that she is useful and has worth to me- I said to her.

She seemed surprised but also happily about my response. So, for the first time, I went outside of Blue's base as Pink Diamonds instead of Rose Quartz. It was pretty weird to see that everything and everything were smaller. My comrades saluted me with the Diamond salute, but I responded them as a Quartz, which surprised them and almost ruin my cover. Good think that they believed that Shining Star told me about them.

-Yeah, she talks of you a lot- I said.

After some time the General Rose ordered them to file up. I almost went with them, but Pink Pearl reminded me that I was Pink Diamond. So, I was in front of them, of my fellow soldiers, my comrades. The Gems that helped me to become a Rose Quartz soldier and a better Pink Diamond. I prepared myself to give them the speech.

-Hi my squadron! You have proven during all this time that you are ready to...- I said when some shadows passed over me.

I looked up and saw hundreds of ships. But they were ships that I haven't seen before. One of the ships fired to me a laser ray, but I dodged it. Then some of the ships descended far from the training field and, from them, thousands of soldiers came out.

-The Chitauri army! Everyone, go to your positions!- the General Rose.

-The Chitauri...- I said.

The Chitauri look like humanoid reptiles, greens with a lizard-like skin and yellow eyes. They have the height of an average human, but they are a little stronger than an average human. The Chitauri soldiers were using their distinctive armor made of metal, which protected them everything except the joints. They were holding their weapons: a sword of metal and gun that fired a mix of bullets with laser energy. The shots of the gun couldn't poof a Gem soldier with a single shot, but hey can shatter their Gemstone at the first hit and, if they Gem soldier was shot many times in the same part, poof her.

Besides the other Diamonds have talked to me about the Chitauri Empire and army, it was the first time that I saw them.

The Chitauri army started to open fire against us, but the Rose Quartz soldier made a barrier with their shields, while the Jaspers and Amethyst jumped to face the Chitauri soldiers. Pink Pearl and Spinel ran to Blue's base to protect themselves.