Preface

Is hard to write this, but I have to. Is hard to write all my truths in such a small period of time. Is ironic, I guess. I, a Gem, an immortal being, is only a few months to die. Besides all the times in my life that I defied and defeated death, I know my impeding death. Is hard sensation, knowing that you had a great life but that at the same time you want to do more. I am afraid to die, but I am more sad than afraid, since I won't see you growing Steven, my dear child. I prayed to God for a miracle, to be with you. He said that I will be with you, but that at the same time I won't be with you, but that I will eventually guide you.

I will give up my life so you could live. But I won't wrote this to told you that, your father Greg and I already did a video for that.

No, I am writing this series of books to tell the truth...about myself. Not only to you, but to my family, the Crystal Gems, and Greg. What kind of friend, mother and wife tell lies to the people she loves? Well, I am that kind of person. I wanted a long time ago to tell the truth, but, I am afraid. Afraid of losing you, afraid that you will hate me for all the things that I have done, and the things that I didn't do in its time.

The truth is, that I am Pink Diamond. Hard to believe, that, Rose Quartz, the Gem that started the Rebellion, is actually her worst enemy. But that's the truth, I am Rose Quartz, but at the same time I am Pink Diamond. I was born as a Diamond, but choose to be a Quartz. I choose to be a soldier, to fight. But, long before I fight for my ideals, for our people the Gems, to free them, to free the beautiful planet Earth from the Gem Empire, long before that, I fought for the Gem Empire.

Steven, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, this book tells about my beginnings as a Rose Quartz soldier, my beginning as Rose Quartz, for how I become a soldier and found a part of myself that would eventually grow and become the Rose Quartz that started the Rebellion...and suffered the terrible defeat.

Garnet, please forgive me, I couldn't save our comrades. Please guide the Crystal Gems better than I. Pearl, please forgive me for making you to hide the truth for all this time. Amethyst/Nora, forgive me to left you, my daughter, I am so proud of you. Please take care of your brother. And Steven, please forgive me if my sins chase you.