Layla: "Oh god, please tell me I didn't just confess to, Naoto." I whispered to myself, forgetting he was on the line until he answered me.

Naoto: "You did." He chuckled. "But don't worry, I like you too, so it all works out." He said before pausing. "Anyways, I'm getting stared down by my publicist, so I'm going to hang up now. But, we'll talk about this more, tonight."

Layla: "Oh, ok, goodbye." I said, quickly trying to get off the phone.

Naoto: "Bye." He said, then the line went dead.

After hanging up, I sat totally still, repeating the same thing over and over until I jumped up off the couch, scaring Mochi.

Layla: "OH MY GOD! HE LIKES ME! I yelled, doing a little jig. "Come on, Mochi, you have to come and help me get ready," I said, walking towards the bedroom with Mochi following behind me.

As I was flat ironing my hair, I heard a knock on the door, followed by Naoto's voice.

Naoto: "Just letting you know, I'm home. I'm going to get dressed, and I'll be out in 15 minutes, alright?" He said through the door.

Layla: "Ok!" I answered a little too chipper.

I finished straightening my hair and slipped into my beige, spaghetti-strapped satin dress. Admiring how it fit in the mirror, two red flags popped up. Firstly, I hadn't realized how high the split was when I bought it, and secondly, I need a strapless bra desperately. As I searched through my suitcase for my strapless bra, I grew more and more worried as I looked. My strapless bra was nowhere to be found. That fact hit me as hard as a rock when I recalled not packing it. Internally cursing myself for thinking I wouldn't need it, I packed my things back in my suitcase, and I was now standing in front of the mirror, nipples to the wind with a split to the high heavens.

Layla: "It's ok, Layla. Don't panic. Everything is going to be ok." I said trying, to talk myself off a cliff. "All you have to do is not sit. Pray that there isn't a stiff breeze, and hope that your nipples are willing to cooperate with you. That shouldn't be too hard, right?" I said, knowing how unlikely all those things were. "Oh, I don't have time for all this, I don't want to be late," I said, after glancing at the time. Quickly throwing on my heels and jewellery, I grabbed my things then left the room.

I sat in the living room, anxiously pulling at my split, waiting for Naoto to come out. Glancing down at my chest, I sighed, knowing there is no way in hell Naoto wouldn't be able to see my hardened nipples through this thin material. As if the thought of going out with him was too much to bear as it is, but now I'm out here giving the world a free sneak peek. As I let my mind fret over my outfit, the added pressure of knowing Naoto likes me and all the millions of ways I can mess it up tonight, Naoto entered the room.

Naoto POV

As I passed Layla's room, I noticed it was empty. Quickly checking my watch for the time, I briskly walking to the living room to meet her.

Naoto: "Have you been waiting a while for me?" I asked as she sat, backing me.

Layla: "Oh, not at all." She said, getting up to face me.

My heart stopped on a dime.

She looked... so beautiful.

Unlike last night, Layla looked effortlessly perfect in every way. Stripped-down leaving nothing but a breathtaking sight. She looked picture perfect. Minimal make-up, a simple gold necklace, and her hair straight and hanging a bit above her breast as a satin dress hugged her.

The dress she wore showed off curves I hadn't seen before, making me reconsider leaving the house tonight. She stood before me in a thin-strapped beige dress that allowed the material to drape across her chest, accompanied by a split that I knew would distract me all night. The dress laid over her body like it was made for her alone and made my heart race.

'Wow' was the only thing I could think as I looked at her, and the word barely made it out of my mouth as I swallow hard.

She giggled nervously before brushing the hair behind her ear.

Mustering the strength to tear my eyes away from her, I looked down to adjust my jacket, collecting my thoughts, even the dirt ones, and put out my arm for her to take it.

Naoto: "Shall we get going?" I said, afraid to look back at her.

She interlocked her arms with mine, and we left.

As I drove, we talked. I tried to keep focused on the road. Only looking over when I was absolutely sure I wouldn't stare. Safely pulling up to the restaurant, I handed my keys to the valet and helped Layla out of the care. Trying to maintain a gentleman's mindset, I actively made sure not to let my eyes wander, even though they desperately wanted to. Holding Layla's hand, I led her into the restaurant.

Layla Pov

Without asking for a reservation, the host that greeted us began to lead Naoto and I, through the dining area. Naoto held my hand as we followed the host to our table. We passed through a packed dining room full of happily conversing people as they dined. In stark contrast to the dining room, Naoto and I were led out to a secluded dining terrace overlooking a pond. After sitting, I looked around, taking in everything. It was a very cozy, well-decorated area, dimly lit, giving it a romantic air.

Layla: "This is lovely." I said, looking at Naoto, who was staring at me.

Naoto: "I'm happy you like it." He said, finally looking away.

Layla: "It's very." I paused. "Isolated, you don't plan on murdering me, right?" I chuckled, making a terrible joke to calm my nerves that surfaced from being alone with him.

Naoto: "No." He laughed. "If I can be honest with you, yesterday I realized how miserable I was sharing you with everyone else, so I figured I'd be a bit selfish with you tonight. I hope you don't mind." He said, giving me the same look he gave me earlier when he was staring.

His honesty sent chills down my spine, causing my nipples to harden. I quickly pulled my hair over my shoulders, to hide them, before taking a sip of water. Thankfully the waiter came in to take our orders. After being handed a menu, I looked at it bewildered. There were no prices listed on the menu, and before I could ask any questions, Naoto chimed in.

Naoto: "I asked for menus without prices." He said, looking back at his list.

Layla: "Really? Why?" I asked, confused.

Naoto: "Because I figured you would try to order the most cost-efficient thing on the menu, instead of what you wanted." He said straight to the point.

Layla: "What? No." I said, completely lying. "That's not true."

Naoto:" Layla Ayane Kato, can you honestly look me in the eyes and tell me you wouldn't try to calculate the price of dinner, then try to repay me when you get your bag back?" He said, looking at me like he already knew the answer.

Unable to deny what he said and straight up and down shocked that he hit the nail on the head, I just folded my lips in, shook my head, and scan the menu for what sounded delicious.

After ordering, we sipped on some drinks from the bar and talked while we waited for our food.