Chapter 5 ~ Returning Home

Start from the beginning

"It is you. Fourteen years ago, my four year old daughter Jade was kidnapped by a rogue called Elijah." Her daughter.

She thinks I'm her daughter. I mean, we do look similar but my parents abandoned me. Right?

"Maybe they just have the same name love?" The Alpha said and I was starting to get offended at how adamant he was that I wasn't his daughter.

"And chained being up by the same man who took Jade, looking exactly like us and not to that mention, the fact that she had been with Elijah for fourteen years." She snapped back and I suddenly realised why she was the Luna.

A Luna was meant to be kind, beautiful and fair but also strong and powerful and she was displaying all the attributes so far.

"Look at her eyes though. Jade had a one-of-kind eye colour and she has brown. She seems pretty ordinary to me." I frowned when he mentioned I had brown eyes.

The only feature I liked about my face were my eyes and then I remembered that Uncle Jack put something in my eyes.

I started to peel whatever was stuck to my eye balls and threw them on the floor.

Everyone's vision was glued to my eyes and a tear rolled down the Alpha's cheek.

"It really is Jade. My little princess has returned home." The Alpha puts out his hand to touch my cheek and I flinch.

It was just a reflex but I could see the hurt on his face. He slowly retracts his hand and moves further back.

"Jade. You don't know how long we've been looking for you. I missed you so much, my baby girl." The Luna said and she wrapped her arms around me, bringing me into a tight hug.

I didn't really know what to do so I just sat there.

I think I'm still in a state of shock. Everything is just so overwhelming. I mean, these people are calling themselves my parents.

Any memory I had of my parents are just distant blurs now. I can't remember much from my childhood, but I guess that's a side effect from all the times they drugged me.

My mind is spinning from everything and I can hear my heart starting to beat faster. I can see their mouths moving but I can't hear everything and it feels like I can't breathe.

All I know is that I have to get out of here. I push off the Luna, or mum, or whatever the fuck I should call her, off me and run out of the open doors.

I can people calling my name but I keep running. I run down the numerous sets of stairs but when I reach the bottom I freeze.

There are around a hundred people staring at me. Most look at me in shock but a few stray to cry.

"Jade." Someone calls out and everyone gasps. I just stand there, petrified and not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, I feel someone grab onto my wrist. I'm about to scream until I realise it's Kaiden. For some reason I don't feel scared anymore, if anything I feel protected.

"What are you all doing? Move." He shouts and the crowd starts to disperse.

People continue to stare at me as Kaiden drags me away. He takes me to an empty room and locks the door behind him.

He stalks over to me and with every step he took forward, I took one back. Eventually, my back hits the wall and he places a hand on either side of my head so I can't escape.

I close my eyes as he moves his head into the nape of neck. I can feel his hot breathe on my skin and an involuntary moan comes out of my mouth.

He groans and places a small kiss on my neck, before moving back.

I slowly open my eyes and his face is only inches away from mine.

One wrong movement and our lips would end up merging together, so I try to stay as still as possible.

"I can't believe it's really you. Jade, I missed you so much. You don't know how many nights I spent wishing that horrible day never happened. It's fate Jade. I always wanted you to be mine and now you are. Tell me, do you remember me?" His voice is so deep and sexy.

Woah, sexy? I don't even know this guy and I already feel so attracted to him. I can't trust men, not after what Kyle and my master did to me.

"No I don't. I don't what's happening? I'm not their kid, okay. I'm an orphan. My parents left me." His eyes softened and he placed his hand onto my cheek.

"They didn't. A rogue called Elijah kidnapped you because you are the most powerful wolf in existence. That's why your eyes are that colour and your wolf has gold fur. Your parents, family and friends all searched for you. We never stopped. Me and Jacob, your brother, search for you outside the borders every Friday for four hours. We never had any luck and we were beginning to lose hope. But here you are. You're even more beautiful than I ever could have imagined." I didn't know how to respond.
The blue eyed boy was my brother, Alpha Elijah kidnapped me, my parents wanted me.

Even though my head was telling that everything he was saying was a lie and a trick, my heart was telling me it was truth.

I decided to go with my heart. Even though I couldn't remember anything, their faces were still familiar.

"They're our family." It was like an eerily whisper but I still heard it.

"Amara?" I hadn't spoken to her since my first shift.

"Our injuries prevented me from being able speak to you but the healing process has began to speed up. You might not remember them Jade, but I do. Even though you never heard me, I was always there. Dormant but still alive. I could hear, smell, touch, anything you did and I remember everything from the day we were born. Trust him."

Amara managed to show me some locked away memories, before my body got to weak to mind link with her anymore.

She showed me as a child, playing with my brothers and parents. They were the same people in the room and then she showed me a memory of myself running with a boy with dark hair.

I could instantly recognise him as Kaiden and for some the reason the memory made me feel all soft and happy.

"Are you okay? You were talking to your wolf, weren't you?" Kaiden asked, his hand still caressing my cheek and I nod.

I could feel sparks with each touch and when he moved his hand away, I felt upset.

"Why do I feel that?" He gave me a confused look and I brought his hand up to my cheek again.

"When you touch me, it feels weird, good but weird. It's like I need you. I feel the need to be with you at all times and just the thought of leaving you haunts me. Why do I feel like that?" A small laugh came out of his mouth and he smirked at me.

"I guess he never taught you, huh?" I cocked my head to the side and he grabbed ahold of hands.

"We're mates."
________________________________

A/N: Thoughts on the reunion?

Bring a smile to my face and please press that vote button. Also feel free to write a comment, I love hearing from you guys! ❤️