Make New Friends, Keep the Old

Começar do início

"We dont know," Dean said, "he's just...back."

I smiled and pulled Sam into a gentle embrace as well. But something was wrong. I was opened to him, waiting to feel his love and excitement...but it didnt come. And yet when I looked at him, he was still grinning like he was pleased to see me. It was really...off. I frowned but shook it off.

Just I dreaded, I made eye contact with Castiel. His emotions were shut down from me, his face plain and sincere. I bit my black painted lips.
"Hello Cas..." I muttered as politely as I could.

"Hello Hazel. " His blank tone cut me deep.

"Hey uh..," Dean interrupted the awkwardness, "we've got alot to talk about so, why dont you get cleaned up and meet us at the car?"

"I have my own." I said bluntly, and quickly read his recent past for the location of the motel they stayed in.

"Really? " Dean perked up.

I took them around to the parking lot to marvel at my cherry muscle car.
A plum-crazy purple 1969 Camaro.

Dean whistled in admiration, running a hand over the hood without touching her

"This is yours?"

"She's mine," I concurred with a grin, "want a ride?"

I didn't have to ask twice.

☆☆☆☆☆

The two classic cars met side by side in the parking lot of the motel, as if they were friends all along, Dean leaving the passenger seat with a huge smile on his face. "You gotta let me drive sometime."

I laughed. "You never let me drive Baby, why should I?"

"That was before I knew you could handle these horses," he said. I rolled my eyes.

We went inside the boy's room, where they proceeded to explain to me the things that have happened.
Finding grandpa Samuel, and most recently, the angel Balthazar who had stolen weapons of heaven.

I wouldn't look at Cas, not even when he spoke. It hurt too much and I was angry and confused. Didnt know what to say. My brothers did anything they could to quench the dry tension between us.

Once they'd finished telling me their story, they turned on me, all of them.

"Hazel, I gotta ask." Dean said reluctantly, "what's up with charging people to get rid of ghosts? And the band?"

I shrugged. "All a get rich quick scheme."

"Its magic..." Cas chimed in dryly, "their music charms the people into giving them money."