Chapter 2: An Unfamiliar Place

I woke to the sun shining into the room. The first thing I notice is that I'm not in any pain. I lift the covers up and notice that I'm wearing a long sleeve sky blue pajama top and matching sky-blue long pajama pants. I saw white bandages around my ankles and on my wrists. I must've been in the care of a pack doctor.

I sit up in bed, which smelled of fresh rain and the woods. The door opens and a man around six foot-four inches walks in and looks at me. I pull the bed covers over my head, trying to hide from him, scared out of my mind.

I heard footsteps coming over to the bed, I felt the bed dip and the covers disappeared. He reached out a hand to me, I backed away from it and curled into a ball.

"It's okay kitten, your safe, no one is going to hurt you." He says, moving closer to me. I watched as he softly placed his hand on my leg, sparks and tingles erupted throughout my body, a sense of calmness washed over and I uncurled myself from the ball I was in.

"W-w-where a-a-am I-I-I? A-a-and w-w-who a-a-are y-y-you?" I stutter out, looking down at my hands. I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me into his arms.

"I'm Luca Jefferson, the Alpha King and you, little kitten, are in the palace. What's your name?" He asks, running his hands through my hair, that I only just noticed was washed and brushed not dull and knotted.

"Lila James. Please don't hurt me." I whimper, hiding my face in my hands. I felt myself being shift, I take my face from my hands and look up at him, he was looking down at me, his ice blue eyes held my gaze.

"I'm not going to hurt my Mate, and I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe. Now how about some breakfast, I'm sure you're hungry." He says, setting me on my feet, he pulled my arms through a fluffy white robe and picked me up.

"How long were you in that dungeon cell?" He asks, turning the corner, going down the stairs.

"Seven years, five days, eighteen hours." I say, my stuttering long gone because of his calming touch.

"I wish I had of known back then, I could've stopped it long ago." He says, his arms tightening around me a little.

"Don't kick yourself up about it, what's done is done." I say, looking up at him, he smiles at me and steps into what I'm assuming is the kitchen.

I look away from Luca, and look around the kitchen. I wish I hadn't. I saw seven other guys sitting at the table, staring at me. I hide my face in Luca's chest, wishing for the power of invisibility. I start to shake with fear.

"Quit staring, you are scaring my Mate." Luca says, setting me down on a chair that was at the table. "Yes Luca." They said, in unison, getting and scurrying out of the kitchen. I thought it was odd that they called Luca by his first name instead of 'Alpha King'.

"Sorry, my brothers have staring habits, they don't know they're staring unless you tell them to stop. Don't worry they won't hurt you, my mother taught them never to hit a girl, especially if she's the Mate of an Alpha or Alpha King." Luca explains, I relax a little, feeling a wave of safety and security wash over me.