𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

(a/n: i feel like this story is getting really similar to like legit every other payton fanfic out there lmao)
Y/n POV:
hayley told me about everything. "h-how...why?" i looked at her and asked if i could just have some time alone. she left and i facetimed payton. "hey bab-" i cut him off.  "why would you do it to me?" his face turned into a frown "y/n-" i saw his eyes go glossy "i thought you were loyal" "just hear me out okay?" i saw a hint of trust in his eye, i sighed and let him talk. "it was hayley, the other day when she came to your house i opened the door and she kissed me. i know i should've told you but i didn't want to hurt you y/n. i never wanted to and yet i did" he sighed "you don't have to believe me, j-just know that i love you" his voice cracked at the end of that sentence. "i just need a little time, okay?" he nodded understandingly "yeah sure i get it" i hovered my finger over the hang up button. "bye" i hung up and fell down on to my bed to think about the whole situation. would hayley really do that?
Payton POV:
I knew that y/n was hurt. just i was mad at hayley for this. i called her to settle the situation. "why would you do that? first of all, you kiss me like it's 'no big deal' and then go crying to y/n like you're the most innocent person in the world!" the call was silent before she finally spoke. (a/n i put names into this conversation as it might be confusing idk)
hayley
"ok i liked you!"
payton
"so just because i didn't kiss you back, you're going to lie to your best friend and put me in the bad situation instead of you"
hayley
"look okay i don't want to talk about it"
payton
"but-"
(end of call)
she ended the call. i put my head into my hands and just sat there.
Y/n POV:
i had a feeling, deep in my gut, that payton was right. i mean why else would hayley have been acting weird around payton.
i called payton and he picked up immediately "i believe you" i almost heard his smile through the phone "i love you, i should've told you i'm so sorry" i wanted to see him "can you meet me at chick-fil-a?" he agreed and i drove over there.

i arrived there first, so i sat at a table and waited. i heard him walk through the door. he ran up to me and hugged me, slightly picking me up. i laughed and sat down. "hi" "hey" i giggled slightly. i then got serious again "i don't know what to do, should i tell hayley my decision?" we talked about the whole situation until payton asked a question "do you think it will be the same you know..between us?" i honestly didn't know "i hope so" he looked disappointed and he was obviously trying to hide it. i pulled him in for another hug, holding him tight. i smiled and snuggled my face in his hoodie, remembering the feeling. "do you want to get food? we've been here but haven't ordered food yet" i rolled my eyes playfully "you're ruining the moment" i joked with him.

we ordered food and talked some more. it almost felt normal but it wasn't one hundred percent right. i know it's going to take time. i wanted it to be short but it might be a long time. "this was nice" i smiled at him. "yeah."

we went our separate ways and i drove back home.
(i tried to make this chapter a bit longer but it's still under a thousand words)

(a/n i just made another story called 'its you' it's a jaden hossler fan fic so you can read if you want to i guess)