Chapter 14- Inshane

Rick and i stroll on the streets of the dead.

We almost reach where the unworking car is until there is a sound of another  engine.

"Get down." Rick pulls me low to the ground, behind the trees. Rick places his hand around my lower back with one aiming with his gun.

We watch as a unknown  car pulls up to ours.  Four men come out quickly to the car.

"I saw them come here.  They can't  be too far." The one with an eye patch says.

"We've  been at this all night man. Let's  just get out if here." Another pair if hands are place on my shoulder.  Rick and  i both look and see Daryl and Brian had made it back. 

"We have ta get out of here. " Daryl mouths.  Rick nods and we quietly back away  from the scene.

~

"Them sum of bitches are followin us roun'!" Daryl says angrily. 

"We should of attacked them Rick.  Right when we were there."

I walk confused.

"No body has told me what's  going on?  Do you know those people?"  I demand to know what's  going on. 

"He took our people before...he wants our prison. We tried to talk but he wants war.  It's  just we don't  know when he's  going to show up."

We head towards the town where Daryl and Brian fixed a car and put supplies in.

"So some prick is acting like a child and is doing what ever it takes to get what he didn't  have the brains to find first?" I play with my knife in my hand.  It has a royal blue handle with a silver blade. 

"Pretty much Aims." Brian says sadly. 

~

We make it back to the prison.  As I walk in, Luke runs to me, hugging me tightly. 

"Glad to see you're  safe." Wrapping my arms around him, Rick stands there with jealousy in his eyes.  I let go of Luke right away.

Carl runs up to his dad then me with Judith in his arms and tagging aling, Sky.

"Rick, we have a problem in the prison." Glenn immediately informs. 

He stands there shocked and unable to speak.  "What is it?"

"Shane found us."

I look back to Rick,Daryl and Brian and they all carry the look of hatred.

"Well, let's find out."

Luke and i walk side by side as we head towards the prison, once inside, we see a man handcuffed to the table. 

"Well holy shit man.  You guys are alive." Clem sits with Beth by the wall.  "Who's he?" I ask which turns his attention to me. "Don't matter who i am to you."he snaps.  Luke steps in. "We don't mean to cause anything." "Well then shut the hell up." "Shane!" The rough sound of Rick's voice takes over.

"What are you doing here?" He puts one hand on his gun. "Came looking for protection.  I saw Hershel and Glenn out. Huh, who would of known they would let me in."  Luke, Clem and I were never informed about this Shane guy but this gut feeling tells me something bad about him. 

"I couldn't let him die out there Rick.  It's...inhumane." Rick places a hand Glenn's shoulder and he keeps Maggie close.

"Where is she Rick?" Where's who? I feel so out of place right now and i imagine Clem and Luke feel the same.  Rick's eyes fill with tears. "W-wheres Lori Rick?" Then it hits me. Carl's mother. I watch as Carl leaves the room with Judy and sky.

"I-is that my child?" His eyes follow Carl. 

"That child is mine." The argument  gets heated up as the past is brought up. The killing of Otis, tormenting of this man Dale.

Hershel even jumps in defending Rick. 

I need to leave.  As if Luke has read my mind, he takes me by the hand, calls Clem and we head to my cell.  We sit there quietly, not being able to escape the yelling between the men and the women.