[1] My (Fake) Boyfriend

Začať od začiatku

"Why would you even lie about that?" Bede asked, his hand reaching over to grab his drink from a nearby cafe. It was full of whip cream and creamer, very sugary and sweet.

"I don't know... I don't know..." you whined, your hands covering your face as you curled up to a ball in your seat. Another whine left your lips as you hid your face into the sleeves of your sweater. "I panicked..."

Your voice came out soft, and your face was red. It looked like you were close to tears. Bede momentarily froze up before sighing loudly, his hand reaching up to run a hand through his hair.

"And now I have to come out with the truth..." your voice wavered. Bede leaned forwards with his left hand pressing against his cheek. "I don't think I can show my face in public after this..."

"Why do you just... bring someone to pretend to be your boyfriend?" The thought left Bede's mouth before he could stop it. You looked up, locking eyes with him as you entertained the idea a bit.

"That's- I- hmmm," you mumbled.

"It'll just be for the ball, right? After that you can just pretend that you broke up with your 'boyfriend' and no one will be the wiser," Bede explained.

"I feel like that's just setting me up for a back lash... what if he lets it slip that I lied?" subconsciously you began to bite on your nails, a nervous habit. Bede held your wrist and brought your hand away from your mouth.

"I can be your boyfriend then," Bede offered. You both stared at each other momentarily before your cheeks flushed red. It was painfully obvious to just about everyone else that you had some kind of attachment to the Fairy type Gym Leader.  Well, obvious to everyone but him apparently. Your eyes wondered to your hands as you stumbled over your words.

"Oh- I couldn't get you involved like that..! Really- I think it's best I just come clean-"

"If you did that then your reputation will be tarnished," he brought up, making you grow silent. "Besides, it'll be for just one night. It won't be a big deal"

"I... um..." you still seemed unsure about the whole situation. Bede grabbed hold of your free hand and squeezed it in reassurance.

"It'll be just for one night, and I promise to not tell anyone about it," he spoke sternly. You looked back at him, before sighing.

"Alright, it's just a one night thing," you nodded in agreement. You pulled your hand back and extended your left hand out to him, offering a handshake. "Deal?"

Bede took your hand and gave it a shake.

"Deal."

.
.
.

"Champion (Y/N)! Gym Leader Bede! The public wants to know how long you two have been dating?"

The night of the Annual Galar Ball was upon you both. You both walked hand in hand down the red carpet. You both even went as far as to wear matching outfits.

"We've been together for only a few months," you responded happily, a smile crossed your lips. Your arm linked with Bede's as you both tried to appear casual about the whole thing.

It goes without saying that you both had made up an entire story as to how you both got together. From who asked who first, down to the what day it was. You both were determined to sell the fake relationship.